IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints
9/29/14, 3:31 PM   #31
Re: "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I can not believe that some people are upset with arguably one of the best midget events of the year because you do not like the support division. Especially when the support division is 410 sprint cars. If we had to sit through six divisions of stock cars, I could understand being upset but to be upset over 410 sprints is unbelievable regardless if it has a wing or not.

I already have my vacation days entered for this great event. if we can just get the weather Gods to smile upon us. It has been a strange fall in the heartland
Couldn't agree more Jonr. I remember all too well the Sept. 6th POWRi double features at Macon, IL. There were 5 support classes and 4 of them were stock cars 2 of which were hornets! Sigh.

We're not able to attend The Gold Crown due to having to make a living but I'd sure like to. I'm not a winger kind of person, either, but I'll gladly take MOWA 410's any day over the debacle at Macon.

1 member likes this post: Kansasdirtfan
9/29/14, 4:30 PM   #32
Stealth87

I aligned my work schedule so that I would be working in STL this week, just so that I could make it to the Thursday and Friday shows. I haven't been to Gold Crown since the inaugural event. I cannot wait until Thursday night!!! I am even bringing 3-4 first time open wheelers, but long time race fans!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97
9/29/14, 5:13 PM   #33
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I prefer NW races myself but anyone willing to strap on 900HP wing or NW usually means business. See ya at the races

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, luckybuc97
9/30/14, 8:40 AM   #34
racenut69

^^^ Bump ^^^

9/30/14, 7:20 PM   #35
PAW

Bags are packed and truck was loaded by 1:30 this afternoon. Will be on the road by 8am.One of the best races of the year!

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, luckybuc97
9/30/14, 8:26 PM   #36
wolfpack58

I'll be back for yr #3.Always a great show & really good time.By the way eastern standout Alex Bright is looking for a ride this yr and has always been a strong performer at this event.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
10/2/14, 9:36 AM   #37
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Seeing post on FB from reliable sources that Thursday is cancelled due to weather. Don't know anything else. Check for yourself.

10/2/14, 9:38 AM   #38
El1teBr33ze

It's now a 2-day throwdown! See everyone tomorrow!

10/2/14, 9:39 AM   #39
openwheelfan1

Per a USAC Face book post:

Tonight's opening night of the "Gold Crown Midget Nationals" at Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, IL is rained out. The event will now encompass two nights. Come join us tomorrow!

Steve

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints