IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What happened to Bell?
6/23/14, 4:53 PM   #1
What happened to Bell?
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

I heard the other day that Christopher Bell will no longer be in the Six-R #21. My question is why and who will fill the seat? I figured it might take some time to get him up to speed in a champ car, but I figured he would be tough when they got their car lined up.

6/23/14, 5:47 PM   #2
Honest-Sam

Sounded to me as though the car is gone, not the driver. Guess, as always, we'll have to wait and see unless Darryl Guiducci would like to chime in.

6/24/14, 1:49 PM   #3
Re: What happened to Bell?
jet darryl

Sorry I have been down sick for a few days and didn't see the post . But here is the answer on Christopher. His character is equal to his talent. I received a call from him about a week after the Hoosier and we talked and his comment was that I have lost interest in the silver crown cars. I told him I understand, we talked for a minute or two and i wished him luck the rest of the season and told him if he needed anything give me a call. He is a great young man in my book. I guess the whole thing is that with the schedule he is racing on this year it is pretty tough to run the silver crown when there is not a posted schedule until 2 or 3 days or not at all before the event it is hard to decide where to go to make your money. Here we are 5 days from our next race and one of them is the travel day to get there,and there is nothing on USAC web site about Memphis. We are in the guessing mode of what the purse will be. I am sure if you go look you can get all the info for the dirt sprint car series. When all you hear out of the USAC president is technology and web site and nothing is there. No wonder silver crown is failing. This is not due to Andy's efforts of not trying. It is hard to do anything without help from the top.

In answer to who is driving the 21 dirt car I will let them announce in the coming days.

6/24/14, 2:12 PM   #4
addicted

It is also pretty shocking to not only the teams but also the fans that they cannot get any kind of information on the website related to silver crown races. It would be nice to know the schedule of events plus also a list of racers that will participate in the race. USAC still has not posted an entry blank to even let teams know how much the payout will be or the schedule of events. USAC gives bonus points for early entry and not sure how they are doing that since no entry has been posted in a timeframe that allows that. It seems like someone down at the USAC office could take a few minutes and help the series. When a USAC employee that is a regular on this board post that he is not a fan of silver crown and finds it boring( paraphrased but general thought), i start to wonder if that is feeling of the whole USAC office? Maybe Kevin Miller will take the time to talk to teams and ask for ideas on how to revive the series instead of saying how he is going to fix. It does not take a real genius to figure out how he made USAC profitable last year because of taking all the sponsor money and not paying out to any series as a way to make the books look great at the expense of the series.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
6/24/14, 3:02 PM   #5
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet darryl View Post
Sorry I have been down sick for a few days and didn't see the post . But here is the answer on Christopher. His character is equal to his talent. I received a call from him about a week after the Hoosier and we talked and his comment was that I have lost interest in the silver crown cars. I told him I understand, we talked for a minute or two and i wished him luck the rest of the season and told him if he needed anything give me a call. He is a great young man in my book. I guess the whole thing is that with the schedule he is racing on this year it is pretty tough to run the silver crown when there is not a posted schedule until 2 or 3 days or not at all before the event it is hard to decide where to go to make your money. Here we are 5 days from our next race and one of them is the travel day to get there,and there is nothing on USAC web site about Memphis. We are in the guessing mode of what the purse will be. I am sure if you go look you can get all the info for the dirt sprint car series. When all you hear out of the USAC president is technology and web site and nothing is there. No wonder silver crown is failing. This is not due to Andy's efforts of not trying. It is hard to do anything without help from the top.

In answer to who is driving the 21 dirt car I will let them announce in the coming days.
It's a shame Christopher isn't interested in it any longer because he was tough, just had some hard luck.

As far as the website goes, I'm still pushing for more. I have a Facebook Silver Crown page with almost 5,000 members and I try and post something news worthy at least twice a week. I think Andy is doing a great job, but that effort has to be full circle. Give it time and keep giving insights and I believe over time we will see great change. We have already built up so much over the past few dirt races and I believe that in time, we will all be happy with where the series is.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/24/14, 3:07 PM   #6
addicted

Agree with Hardy Boys fully and not blaming Andy as i think we need to get others involved in this at the USAC office to get this going forward for more car participation. You have done a great job with Facebook etc. but it is sad if you look right now, nothing is listed for this race this weekend in Memphis unless you really look but still no entry blank. Keep up the great work and hope to help grow the series also

6/24/14, 3:10 PM   #7
addicted

Can you also blame Christopher for not wanting to run a series were you have no idea even what you are going to make if you win the race. With the talents he has, it is no wonder he would not want to run in a series that you do not know if you are going to get 10k to win or 8k or less until you get to the track. He has so much talent he can go run other cars that he knows what he will have a chance to win weeks in advance, seems like pretty obvious choice to me.

6/24/14, 3:23 PM   #8
Re: What happened toll?
ossuks

As for the purse, there are no other divisions overlapping this weekend so there should be no need to trim the purse for travel fees for another division....my suggestion would be to hire someone to take care of the web site, with a 1.5 million dollar payroll whats another 40, 000 or so? Or does anyone really think the President really cares... just keep making checks payable to USAC and keep your expectation low and you will only be mildly disappointed!

2 members like this post: short track scott, team3521
6/24/14, 3:57 PM   #9
Re: What happened toll?
dusty tracks

Put the Madman in the car and watch it run up front!!!

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, Task Force
6/24/14, 4:41 PM   #10
addicted

Thank you to USAC for posting the entry blank for the teams. I know some of the above comments might have come across as harsh and personal but they were not meant but to try and motivate to push the series up and not down further.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What happened to Bell?