IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica patrick
2/18/13, 9:19 AM   #21
Re: Danica patrick
Brewer 14

Guess no matter how you break it down she has done more for the sport than any of you "keyboard jockeys" have or ever will.

2/18/13, 9:29 AM   #22
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer 14 View Post
Guess no matter how you break it down she has done more for the sport than any of you "keyboard jockeys" have or ever will.
If we don't attend or watch, she has no sport.

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, Rpracing1
2/18/13, 10:01 AM   #23
chop

Is Danica a role model I want my little girl to look up to? Sarah Fisher, Lynn St James are great role models for young ladies to want to be. Not a lady that sells *** (looks-acts like a hooker in the go daddy ads)

5 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, midgetmaniac, Rpracing1, team3521, Wendy Atkin
2/18/13, 10:03 AM   #24
midgetmaniac

ESPN "THE COACH" just busted her and explained to the worldwide audiece why we diehard race fans have a problem with her. Alot of hype , but really nothing to show for all the attention. He said if it was anybody else besides a woman with her average finish , we would not see her because she would not be a car with an average finish of 28th. I would like her to do well to show that she derves the media circus. Kyle Larson is getting the media circus as well , but the young gun has backed it up.
Last edited by midgetmaniac; 2/18/13 at 10:13 AM.

5 members like this post: Mud Packer, Rpracing1, speed bump, team3521, Wendy Atkin
2/18/13, 10:27 AM   #25
racenut69

Another Brink's truck just pulled into NASCAR headquarters,just the first of many this week,I'm guessing.. Just mention Danica or Scott Bloomquist and the racing board's go crazy,I'm just sayin...

2/18/13, 10:29 AM   #26
kidrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetmaniac View Post
ESPN "THE COACH" just busted her and explained to the worldwide audiece why we diehard race fans have a problem with her. Alot of hype , but really nothing to show for all the attention. He said if it was anybody else besides a woman with her average finish , we would not see her because she would not be a car with an average finish of 28th. I would like her to do well to show that she derves the media circus. Kyle Larson is getting the media circus as well , but the young gun has backed it up.
Yep and you are right a lot of hype and is that really a reason not to like her. So it's her fault the media wants to hype her up. I like when people say she has no talent but, yet she goes out there and outrun 42 other drivers to get the pole position. Yes it has to do a lot with the car but, you also have to go out there and be pretty smooth not to scub speed and she did that better then I would say at least 25 other drivers because the others probably did not have a good as a car as she had.Yes I will say she probably will not race as good as she qualified but, heck there are Formula 1 drivers that could not hang in nascar. She could probably outrun 80 to 90 percent of the guys on this board.

2/18/13, 11:59 AM   #27
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
Yep and you are right a lot of hype and is that really a reason not to like her. So it's her fault the media wants to hype her up. I like when people say she has no talent but, yet she goes out there and outrun 42 other drivers to get the pole position. Yes it has to do a lot with the car but, you also have to go out there and be pretty smooth not to scub speed and she did that better then I would say at least 25 other drivers because the others probably did not have a good as a car as she had.Yes I will say she probably will not race as good as she qualified but, heck there are Formula 1 drivers that could not hang in nascar. She could probably outrun 80 to 90 percent of the guys on this board.
I like Danica & believe she has talent. Why doesn't she come out and say something like "all this attention should not be placed on me ,it should be placed on Brad K. or some of the more accomplished drivers in Nascar" Why do you put this board down by saying she could out run 80/90% here. Some the greatest open wheel drivers could be on here behind these screen names just wishing they had the oppertunity that has been given to her.

2/18/13, 2:17 PM   #28
RacingGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
Is Danica a role model I want my little girl to look up to? Sarah Fisher, Lynn St James are great role models for young ladies to want to be. Not a lady that sells *** (looks-acts like a hooker in the go daddy ads)
So because she gets photographed in bathing suits because her sponsors tell her she has to, she doesn't get to be a role model? We have all seen first hand how hard sponsors are to come by. If Go Daddy told any of us to jump for money, we'd all be asking "how high"? I've seen pictures of Carl Edwards half naked in magazines plenty of times. Do you also tell your little girl not to look up to an extremely lengthy list of female tennis, golf, and soccer players, along with skiiers and runners who have been photographed in bathing suits? If I had a body like her I'd walk around in a bikini everyday.... Just saying. Male athletes are photographed shirtless daily, and little boys aren't instructed to not look up to them because of it. Girls wear a 2 piece and get to be called "hookers".

Posted via Mobile Device

9 members like this post: azchigh, Chastain75, FishBurger, ICANCU, photoman, Russ, sc17x, TBONE, TQ29m
2/18/13, 2:26 PM   #29
Joe Kidd
Banned

I have a niece that races also. Have not heard anyone say something off the wall when she wins and she has won quite a few times. It just seems funny that these kids seem more mature than most of us who post on these forums. I have seen when the parents are going at each others throats for whatever reason, bad call or whatever. The kids racing are already playing with each other waiting for the next race.

4 members like this post: EBookerFan, ICANCU, mowerman, Steve Wendel
2/18/13, 4:18 PM   #30
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingGirl10 View Post
So because she gets photographed in bathing suits because her sponsors tell her she has to, she doesn't get to be a role model? We have all seen first hand how hard sponsors are to come by. If Go Daddy told any of us to jump for money, we'd all be asking "how high"? I've seen pictures of Carl Edwards half naked in magazines plenty of times. Do you also tell your little girl not to look up to an extremely lengthy list of female tennis, golf, and soccer players, along with skiiers and runners who have been photographed in bathing suits? If I had a body like her I'd walk around in a bikini everyday.... Just saying. Male athletes are photographed shirtless daily, and little boys aren't instructed to not look up to them because of it. Girls wear a 2 piece and get to be called "hookers".

Posted via Mobile Device
Amy,

Unfortunately, the vast majority of professional athletes and entertainers provide very little that I would want my grandkids to look up to as true role models. We have young men and women laying their lifes on the line everyday in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, police, firemen, EMT's, teachers, etc... that deserve so much more than they receive. These to me, are the true heros and role models of our time. They don't have to be half naked for me to look up to them for what they do for all of us.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, midgetmaniac, REH24
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica patrick