IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Infield Pits at T.H.A.T
5/8/08, 12:38 PM   #1
Infield Pits at T.H.A.T
Elmer Fudd

I want to say Thanks to DHK Promotions for bringing the Action Track back to life and pitting the cars in the inside of the track, I was working for a local team on Sunday and seen first hand what it was like to see the young faces looking through the fence watching the teams work and how the drivers were more than happy to stand at the fence and sign autographs for the fans, most of us 40 + age group remembers what it was like looking through that same fence watching A.J The Unser brothers Poncho Carter ETC. working on there cars and taking time out for the fans because the fans are the ones supporting the tracks the most. So lets not cry about having to pit in the infield at THAT lets all be happy it is back and will only get better.

John Leslie
Terre Haute IN

5/8/08, 1:05 PM   #2
Re: Infield Pits at T.H.A.T
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Amen John...Short and to the Point...well said....Brucer'

5/8/08, 1:08 PM   #3
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Fudd View Post
I want to say Thanks to DHK Promotions for bringing the Action Track back to life and pitting the cars in the inside of the track, I was working for a local team on Sunday and seen first hand what it was like to see the young faces looking through the fence watching the teams work and how the drivers were more than happy to stand at the fence and sign autographs for the fans, most of us 40 + age group remembers what it was like looking through that same fence watching A.J The Unser brothers Poncho Carter ETC. working on there cars and taking time out for the fans because the fans are the ones supporting the tracks the most. So lets not cry about having to pit in the infield at THAT lets all be happy it is back and will only get better.

John Leslie
Terre Haute IN
Amen to all of that! Like John Hoover said in an earlier post, we were able to see a dispute between two teams and the drama of Bill Rose's team scrambling to get their car back out on the track. These are examples of things that, in the long run, will help fans to appreciate the effort and passion it takes, from all the people behind the wall, to keep these drivers out on the track racing. And seeing more of the total picture makes those race fans tickets a greater value and adds to their race experience. So, even though it will take some extra effort on the part of the teams, this was a move that will benefit both them and the fans, in the long haul.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5/8/08, 4:16 PM   #4
Mark Sr

the dust bowl is back... WOW!!!

5/8/08, 4:25 PM   #5
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

[QUOTE=Mark Sr;39319]the dust bowl is back... WOW!!![/QUOTEWOW --- BET YOU WAS NOT EVEN THERE

5/8/08, 4:42 PM   #6
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

[QUOTE=SHORTBUS;39321]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sr View Post
the dust bowl is back... WOW!!![/QUOTEWOW --- BET YOU WAS NOT EVEN THERE
Boy I saw that coming !!!

5/8/08, 4:43 PM   #7
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Hey Joe,
Great Pictures.what Kind Of Camera You Got

5/8/08, 5:38 PM   #8
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

You are guaranteed dust at ANY race track. I defy you to show me any dirt track that doesnt have a bit of dust. And if you say Haubstadt, ill beg to differ on that one too.

Its just a given at a dirt track, especially one that is putting on a DAYTIME RACE IN NOTHING BUT SUNLIGHT!!!!!

If youre digging that deep for something to complain about, you were just looking to cause trouble in the first place

5/8/08, 6:17 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

[QUOTE=SHORTBUS;39321]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sr View Post
the dust bowl is back... WOW!!![/QUOTEWOW --- BET YOU WAS NOT EVEN THERE
Hey. That's the little guy that I saw telling Dan Hetser that his grandpa was gonna beat him up.:rolling

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5/8/08, 6:46 PM   #10
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

[QUOTE=SHORTBUS;39330]Hey Joe,
Great Pictures.what Kind Of Camera You Got[/QUOTES

Sony A 200 If it works out I am going to get a A 350 or A 700
First time for a Digital SLR

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Infield Pits at T.H.A.T