IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute infield coolers
3/30/23, 7:37 PM   #11
PIT CART

I am at devil’s bowl should I ask Bill Rose tomorrow? Just to clear up this argument.

FYI I have no idea what devil’s bowl speedway has for a beer policy, I am going to enjoy race🏁🍺

3/30/23, 8:45 PM   #12
Re: Terre Haute infield coolers
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Yes it is the point Mike, if being able to drink your beer inside the track wasnt such a big deal you wouldnt be continually asking the question. And instead of asking a bunch of people on this board who dont know anymore than you do about it why dont you try to contact the track or the promoter or the fairboard who actually might have an answer for you. The alternative might be that we have no races there, is that what you want?
John, I have humored you many times on this forum. Mainly because of your Moe Howard avatar. But you have read WAY more into the thread topic. After re-reading the posts in this thread, I cannot see where I was complaining about it either way. You are off in a tangent, my friend.

Terre Haute infield coolers - That is the thread. Please stick to it.

I simply asked a question about bringing in beer. Whether I wish to go to a track that allows me to bring in beer, or not, is my business. Whether I wish to drive 3.5 hours to Terre Haute in April to watch a race with or without beer is not your business. I am just trying to understand a post on facebook that tells the fans they can bring in coolers, but no mention of beer.

Whether or not THAT can stay afloat with what their policies are is their business. Heavy emphasis on "business". I am just trying to get an answer: Can you bring beer into the infield in your cooler?

I am saddened that you have approached me on this forum as such. I have always liked and respected yours, and most others' posts, for we are all in this together. However, I currently see it as you wish to put me on the defense. Well, my question is still there, John: Can I bring in beer? I do not care WHO answers the question. THAT (no pun intended) is the question.

The defense rests.

Your Honor, counsel reserves the right to recall this witness. We really think he is a good fan.
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 3/30/23 at 8:46 PM.

3/30/23, 8:51 PM   #13
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I am at devil’s bowl should I ask Bill Rose tomorrow? Just to clear up this argument.

FYI I have no idea what devil’s bowl speedway has for a beer policy, I am going to enjoy race🏁🍺
Would you please so we dont have to see posts about this anymore. BTW for those of you that are diabetic, so am I and ive had issues at tracks before. I went out to my car and took care of the issue with the supplies I brought with me(whether it was low or high blood sugar). That being said I would never go to a track that didnt allow you to go to your car after going in. Guess I'll never go to Perris.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner
3/31/23, 1:20 AM   #14
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Coolers should not be allowed in any race track. Buy your concessions from the promoters and help keep them in business.

3/31/23, 4:54 AM   #15
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Bringing alcohol into a race track is an enormous debate. i have seen weekly race tracks collapse because they insisted on "changing" their cooler policy's. a track owner needs to look at the fans coming through the gate closely and determine if they can afford to tell people as they walk up with a cooler to turn around and drive home, because it will happen.

when i was in my early 20's it was 1,000,000% necessary and required. we would not consider going to a race track that didn't allow us to bring in a cooler the size of a coffin. Now that Ive passed my 50th birthday i don't even look or care.

Terre Haute is ultimately run by a committee. fair boards normally don't listen to the customer well and will go out of they're way to make it hard on a poor fan to come in sit down and crack one that you didn't buy from them

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, mc/rider, tirespinner
3/31/23, 10:25 AM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Coolers should not be allowed in any race track. Buy your concessions from the promoters and help keep them in business.

I can tell you right now, That I will be attending less if that's the case. Like I said in other post, You need to charge 30-40 to get in and cover cost. DO so. Paying 25 to get in and getting five and ten'd all night is not my style.

1 member likes this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J
3/31/23, 1:55 PM   #17
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Terre Haute has plenty of room to allow a 6 pack size cooler in the stands. Even during ISW there’s still enough room to spread out a little. Now I’ve said before that I just feel for the elderly or handicapped that can’t get up and down all the time to get whatever they need, plus I see a lot that keep cold towels or rags in their coolers for their necks and heads in the summer time to keep cool. It’s convenient for me, but not a necessity or deal breaker. As long as my foot keeps healing up after surgery I hope to get my butt to THAT.

3/31/23, 3:05 PM   #18
opnwhlmnd

Maybe it's just my wrong assumption but why do these endless cooler/no cooler, alcohol/no alcohol, etc discussions always have the strongest opinions from the ones who seem to attend the least amount of races?

I'm just glad Billy saved Terre Haute for now. Whatever his rules are I'll follow them and support his shows. See how easy that was?

6 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Dale, flagboy55, oppweld, racefan20, TQ29m
3/31/23, 3:08 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Terre Haute has plenty of room to allow a 6 pack size cooler in the stands. Even during ISW there’s still enough room to spread out a little. Now I’ve said before that I just feel for the elderly or handicapped that can’t get up and down all the time to get whatever they need, plus I see a lot that keep cold towels or rags in their coolers for their necks and heads in the summer time to keep cool. It’s convenient for me, but not a necessity or deal breaker. As long as my foot keeps healing up after surgery I hope to get my butt to THAT.
Well said, It's not easy when your handicap The no beer, Whatever. But the no coolers is not cool.

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, oppweld
3/31/23, 3:24 PM   #20
TQ29m

My wife allows me to drink beer at home, always has, if I choose, now for over 60yrs, I do on occasion like to have a cooler along, but it isn't a deal breaker either, I don't go that much anymore anyway, but that might change if I get my cataract surgery next week, and it’s as good as my wife's was, I might be going again, that would be awesome!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute infield coolers