IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Route 66. Joliet, IL - Wed., May 3. Complete Payout INFO
4/28/17, 2:06 PM   #11
flagboy55

I understand all too well about what the cost is for a modified, my 2 best buds race them, and the exorbitant cost is why one of them can't race due to motor issue's. The fact is they could have paid the same purse for mods that they are paying the other two and had pretty much the same field. Put another thousand or 2 on top of the sprints or LMs and maybe a couple more big names show up. I have nothing against modifieds, spent a lot of time at a track where they were the headliner, but with sprints and late models on the bill they still be second fidel regardless of how many there are and how much they pay

3 members like this post: ISF, Morin Racing 98, oppweld
4/28/17, 2:24 PM   #12
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

My point was I don't understand why Sprint cars of the non winged kind can't run for the same money as late models do. You can't throw a rock anymore without hitting a 10k to win or more late model race anymore. I wish Non winged sprints can run for it. They deserve it.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld
4/28/17, 3:06 PM   #13
flagboy55

Chris, I think non wing is trending in a positive direction hopefully the money follows. What do you think?

4/28/17, 3:14 PM   #14
Re: Route 66. Joliet, IL - Wed., May 3. Complete Payout INFO
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

It is the tracks decision on who they want to pay more, so either go or stay home. We are staying home because somebody thought it was smart to schedule this race on a Wednesday night at the beginning of May. No way I am driving 4 hours when the weather is the way it is, along with the fact most of us have to work for a living! Good luck to all involved...hope it dries out over the next few days.

2 members like this post: Agentry10, kcarm92
4/28/17, 3:31 PM   #15
flagboy55

98, you're right it's their decision, and 40 modifieds on a weeknight, perhaps could contribute to a long night. I was enjoying the modified race at Plymouth last week with the USAC race until the 5th caution with like only 8 laps in, then it's time to go. I hope it's all wildly successful, just putting some thoughts out there cause that's what we do on message boards

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
4/28/17, 4:28 PM   #16
bobbyhill

How big is the dirt track

4/28/17, 5:04 PM   #17
flagboy55

I have read that they turned it into a 3/8ths mile,used to be a half

4/28/17, 9:19 PM   #18
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
My point was I don't understand why Sprint cars of the non winged kind can't run for the same money as late models do. You can't throw a rock anymore without hitting a 10k to win or more late model race anymore. I wish Non winged sprints can run for it. They deserve it.
Sorry Chris, I read it wrong, i thought you were against high purses for sprint cars. I do understand that promoters like to put up big money for late model races because they get it back at the back gate. Sprint car fields are limited by the number of guys that can actually race a sprint car. The self preservation instinct of the normal human limits the pool of available drivers. How many times have you heard someone say "I like watching them, but I would never drive one" referring to a late model or modified?

4/28/17, 11:57 PM   #19
jdull99

Be cool if they ran the sprints & (a form - either D2 or National) midgets on Wednesday & the others on Thurs...charge $12 to get in & have the shows done at 9:15pm...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4/29/17, 12:16 AM   #20
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

If you guys have a problem with things get a hold of Sherri Heckenast She runs the dirt track but the Dragstrip owns the property and dictates a lot of what nights they run on. She is running mostly mid-week shows so she don't interfere with the other weekly tracks in the region. The only race that will be on the weekend is the World Of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series race there in October. The payout listed is what the POWRi WAR payout for sprints and she is sticking with that for this Wednesday, May 3rd. I know some of you think Sprint Cars are the god almighty but there are other classes out there that are worth a good payout as well. As for the Modifieds in this region of the U.S. $3K and your likely to draw a good 40-50 of them easy. Kenny Wallace has already stated he will be there. If you guys support her now there is a great chance she will do same for you guys down the road. That family has been around racing a long time and Sherri is a former Late Model racer her self. They got a bunch of money and they care about the racers. You guys want a great track here is your chance. Instead of starting B.S. go support her and give them a chance to shine. I know for a fact some of these Modified guys got more in their cars then do a lot of the non-wing sprint cars. Good luck to all the drivers that do show up next Wednesday, May 3rd 2017 to the Dirt Oval at Route 66 Raceway. http://www.dirtoval66.com
Last edited by nathans1012; 4/29/17 at 12:19 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Route 66. Joliet, IL - Wed., May 3. Complete Payout INFO