IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gyatk?
6/29/16, 3:46 PM   #31
Re: Gyatk?
captrat

What I really wish for is for all the tracks to move up the starting time to 7 p.m.; then I feel like I am actually getting some night racing!

6/30/16, 6:31 AM   #32
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
Kokomo was dry & clear last Sunday
My rain gauge at work got an inch and a half of rain Sunday evening.

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
6/30/16, 11:29 AM   #33
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I don't think I said anything wrong, Or untrue, If it was worth their while to run weekly, The gates would be open every Sunday. It takes a significant investment just to open the gates, add a couple rain outs that the money is already spent with no return......... and a couple drizzly days or radar don't look good but they still run which the crowd is a third less or more than normal..........

I also don't know the owner situation, But if your splitting a profit three, four or five ways. Its a big difference vs ONE.

I don't know most stuff. Only the people I've talked too in it, A couple promoters, former promoters and long time workers at tracks that have told me, that if everything goes right, they make a little $$. Most times it's a break even or sometimes lose situation. And most of us have no idea they put a five thousand dollar tranny in that water truck this week, replaced a dozen lights on the track, Spent a couple grand on boards in the grandstand, Rented or bought several pumps and kept them running two or three days straight. Fought the lawsuit from the guy who tripped on a concrete seam and broke a leg. etc. etc.

When they tell you they only make decent $$$ on a few shows a year (Enough to cover all that stuff and still put decent $$ in their pocket), Its kinda hard to believe. When you see the track close permanently, Or open and close several times with different promoters-owners, Reality sets in.

So I ask again, What are you willing to pay to see it? $16, $18, $20? so they make a profit, and enough profit to cover the times they don't and still make it worth the hours and effort week in and out. And you get to see racing every week.
I already pay $15 to see a weekly show.

6/30/16, 1:10 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
I already pay $15 to see a weekly show.
Whats your point? I wasn't talking about Lburg anyway.

What Im saying is, If they can't make a little $$ at $12 or $15. What would you be willing to pay to make it worth it for them to do it? and I started at $16.

One track raised the gate three bucks this year, Lowered the kids age by two years and NOBODY SAID A WORD and they shouldn't. The products totally worth it.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, rapid robert
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gyatk?