IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lawrenceburg upates?
8/20/11, 9:55 PM   #11
Re: lawrenceburg upates?
FishBurger

Congratulations to Iceman, Brian, Pete and the entire CGR team. That was a masterful run to the checkers over some real quality cars and drivers (It's not always about car count.).

8/20/11, 10:29 PM   #12
sloppyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
Gulick wins via chuck. Hunter 2nd
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Grant boseflug riggs top 5.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good job Chad.....how's Cole Slaw doin?......

8/20/11, 11:26 PM   #13
The Riz

Congrats to team CGR!

8/21/11, 12:05 AM   #14
gp8787

congrats coleman and brian

8/21/11, 12:17 AM   #15
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Congratulations to Iceman, Brian, Pete and the entire CGR team. That was a masterful run to the checkers over some real quality cars and drivers (It's not always about car count.).
Home at 8:55?

8/21/11, 12:32 AM   #16
IndyBound

Congrats Coleman, Pete, Jill and Team CGR!!!!

8/21/11, 1:07 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Got up this morning excited to the Dick Gaines Memorial race. Always a classic. Dick was one of the most respected and hard to beat racers in Indiana area through the 60s-70s. Winning three Burg Championships and I know he had others around the state a Eldora championship and a Knoxville Nationals Win.

It was also Buckeye Auto Racefans Club Luau day at the track.

So I got showered up. Put on the Iceman Shirt I hadn't even tried on yet that I got a Sprintweek (Fits like a glove) and headed to the track about noon. got there and chatted with BARC members had a great dinner. Got a thanks for your support surprise at the gate from the Rudisells and Was set in for a nite of racing.

Unlike me. I got in after hot laps to see a track that was heavy and chewed up. To their credit they got er packed in and pretty racey for the heats although it was balls out racing with little passing. Coleman passed three cars in his heat but ended up outside the redraw.

Feature lines up and I tell dad, Theres ten USAC quality cars that any one of them can win and about four locals that can give em a run.

HunterPercent on the pole. I honestly thought it was all over and for 27 laps he paced the field. Memmer took a nasty flippy spinny all the way around 3/4 and I don't know how bad the car was tore up but I didn't see it all and what I seen was him spinning more than any flipping. Like he was in a blender.

I honestly gotta say, I know rules are rules and all but Grant got screwed on the start. The 23 got bent out of shape at the start and he passed him. Not getting into that or assigning blame but it did affect the race.

Coleman starting deep kept picking them off. In true Iceman style. If there was a way to get a run. He'd find it. Running above the cushion and cutting down the bank or just plain hauling it in hard.

Honestly with five to go. I said to myself, They just aint going to catch Hunter. It just don't happen. I know Hunters been smitten many many times but this was plain cat and mouse and Coleman ran him down and passed him with two to go. Hunter passed him back and they did this two or three times on lap 27 before Coleman Sealed the lead. Yet the suspense wasn't over. On the final lap going into 3-4 Coleman came up on lappers running side by side for position. Like a center going in for the goal. The Iceman deeked em both and slid by for the checker.

Congrats to the Iceman, Team CGR, Cripe and the crew. Notably missing tonight were Elson returning for the start of college and Short who is or was on top the MSCS standings.

Dickie, Was a pleasure as always to see you race and you raced good in the feature. I hope you had fun.

Chuck

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Tim the feature pushed off at 9pm. So Marv was probably home at 9:55 Eastern
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/21/11 at 1:06 AM.

3 members like this post: FishBurger, Jimmydiesel
8/21/11, 8:11 AM   #18
cecil98

Excellent race....excellent track surface.....great job L'Burg crew!!!!....it's amazing how fast those guys are going around that place without a wing!!!

2 members like this post: mowerman
8/21/11, 9:11 AM   #19
ThaBurgFan

Great run by the Ice Man. Like Chuck, I thought that Hunter had the thing won and was kinda disappointed at a lackluster race. The Ice Man changed that in a hurry and made it a spectacular finish with one hell of a pass on Hunter. The lappers could've made it interesting but the Ice Man had a good lead. Congrats to Coleman and Crew!!

8/21/11, 10:12 AM   #20
Tim Watson

Thanks for the info Chuck on the time thing, Marv's post was 8:55 but that's my my time and not Burg time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lawrenceburg upates?