IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #1 12/8/14 12:40 PM
Figured I would post something to see if our Southwest friends or Kevin have any info...

When I was down for Western World, I checked the Canyon Speedway schedule and saw the whole Winter Challenge would be at Canyon (And I thought it was like 7 nights of racing). They also had a schedule past those dates (Copper on Dirt with CRA sprints, and ASCS National, around the middle of March for example). I checked last night to get the exact dates for Copper on Dirt and the Winter Challenge has changed. Not only is it only 5 nights now, but only the first 3 races will be held at Canyon. The last two will be held at USA Raceway. Beyond that, the rest of the schedule is now blank. Anyone have an idea what the deal is?
JstAbvVMC (Offline)
  #2 12/8/14 2:40 PM
I've only heard second hand accounts. Some people are unhappy with Canyon and I will leave it at that. I'm sure more will develop soon.
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #3 12/8/14 7:57 PM
I noticed Sched change rite away when Lance started his 2015 Race Track thread showing Events @ Tucson!!...fig. I'd wait to see what input others are thinkn bout!!..we can useually fill in the blanks...but not always correct!!...mabe a CSP Press Release is coming!!....
  #4 12/9/14 3:13 PM
Originally Posted by AustinSprinter:
I noticed Sched change rite away when Lance started his 2015 Race Track thread showing Events @ Tucson!!...fig. I'd wait to see what input others are thinkn bout!!..we can useually fill in the blanks...but not always correct!!...mabe a CSP Press Release is coming!!....
Yeah looking at USA Raceway's schedule, Copper on Dirt will be there, as well as Western World next year. Looks like Western World will have USAC National Sprint cars all 3 nights, and USAC West Coast Sprint Cars. Man... the racing at Canyon has only gotten better over the past 3 years or so. A real shame that these major events will not be held there in 2015...
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #5 12/9/14 10:36 PM
Stil waitn to see or hear from someone that's closer for some inside on 2015 CSP Sched n Resv. Seat Tic orders!!...how boutya Big'n!!...(KM)....
  #6 12/12/14 1:52 PM
Nothing crazy going on here at Canyon. The winter series format was changed because our 2nd weekend was going up against the Super Bowl. I'm sure no racers want to pay 400 dollars a night for a hotel. Originally schedule for 6 races, the series was worked out for 3 races at Canyon and 2 at USA.

A couple of our more "premier" dates; The Copper on Dirt and The Western World, have been moved to USA. The main reason is for seating capacity. These 2 events do much better down Tucson way.

Other than that, the schedule is being worked on for the 2015 racing season. The schedule should look relatively similar to what the 2014 season looked like other than what is listed above.
4 Likes: AustinSprinter, dirtnonwingfan, Stealth87, WinglessLovers
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #7 12/12/14 2:28 PM
Thanks TS,KM crew for the updates on CSP/USA 2015 Scheds.!!...lota talk had been rolln with heada steam bout whats go'n on with Sched. n events be'n moved to USA/Tucson!!...had seen/heard bout Phx area attractions/room avail.!!..also seating was a topic for Purses put up!!...we all here in Phx area hope it proves well for all!!...thanks again for all you do @ CSP do for us Race Fans/Racers!!...You've brought (SPRINT CAR RACIN') excitement back in Phx area again!!..thanks for that..thats only reason I finally moved here in 2011,where b4 that,I was central in Yuma, tween da 'Pas & Manzy !!..ha,short lived!! ...
  #8 12/15/14 2:05 PM
Glad to see someone use their head and bring some good shows back to Tucson. Excellent facility, perfect size, good seating, easy access from all corners of the track, good lighting, reliable power, clean bathrooms.. The list goes on.

Hopefully Mr. Kearns can breathe some new life into that joint and keep some consistency around the southwest. Seems like ever since Manzy shut down it's been a cut-throat battle of the tracks for dates and series. Hopefully the waters will calm down and good racing will be had!

-Justin
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, erich45