IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
JJMooney (Offline)
  #1 12/15/15 10:48 PM
Caught this little tidbit when scanning today's press release from Route 45 Raceway (Flora IL):

"Big shows on their 2016 calendar include the USAC National Sprint Car Series..."

http://www.stlracing.com/2015/12/15/...anner-in-2016/

The track's 2016 schedule hasn't been posted yet. I'm sure we'll know the date soon enough.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 12/15/15 10:53 PM
Thats United States Racing Association Not USAC
And while the Article states there is one for USAC The USAC schedule does not.

Charles Nungester
JJMooney (Offline)
  #3 12/15/15 11:00 PM
From the press release:

As part of their weekly Saturday night program, the Route 45 Raceway will also host Hornets, plus several special events throughout the year featuring both winged and non-winged sprint cars.

Big shows on their 2016 calendar include the USAC National Sprint Car Series and the big-dollar mid-summer Tim Lewis Memorial race for Modifieds. and the big-dollar mid-summer Tim Lewis Memorial race for Modifieds."
groove grabber (Offline)
  #4 12/16/15 5:53 AM
Stay tuned I believe
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #5 12/16/15 8:12 AM
Rumors are USAC/MSCS combo as Laura Stockon Memorial.
2 Likes: dctracy79, jim goerge
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #6 12/16/15 11:55 AM
Saw the article also. The Laura Stockon Memorial seems to be the likely date as Bob noted. Good to see Route 45 stepping up their schedule and making many improvements. They are putting a lot of work into making that track better.

Bruce Eckel
AB Racing (Offline)
  #7 12/16/15 2:15 PM
Rumor I heard was the date they were shooting for was oct 22
Points (Offline)
  #8 12/17/15 1:52 AM
Oct 22 would be the day after the Jason Leffler Memorial. I am Definitely going back to Wayne City. Then hit Flora the next night if that's when it is would be great. Drove by it on the way down last year but never been.