IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Atomic Speedway (Ohio) 2017 Schedule now POSTED.
11/21/16, 5:15 PM   #1
Atomic Speedway (Ohio) 2017 Schedule now POSTED.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Atomic Speedway
Chillicothe (Alma), Ohio
2017 Schedule - http://atomicspeedway.net/Schedule.aspx

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
11/21/16, 7:15 PM   #2
fanatic

Have never been too atomic how big is the track

11/21/16, 8:56 PM   #3
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

3/8th mile high bank.
https://youtu.be/TukG_VeqHuU

11/21/16, 9:15 PM   #4
fanatic

I would like to go to more dirt races I have been a long time pavement fan and there are not many pavement cars left sadly.

11/21/16, 9:45 PM   #5
Re: Atomic Speedway (Ohio) 2017 Schedule now POSTED.
revjimk

I wonder if all the "TBAs" are Allstars? I thought they ran there.....

11/21/16, 10:31 PM   #6
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

i went to the Allstar sprint race there in October, race was great the crowd was scetchy. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't run that one again. Seems like Ohio Speedweeks are always successful.

11/22/16, 12:57 AM   #7
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
i went to the Allstar sprint race there in October, race was great the crowd was scetchy. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't run that one again. Seems like Ohio Speedweeks are always successful.
2 things hurt this race: 1) no need for it to be a two day event as originally planned, 2) weather, all the rain and cool temps didn't help either. To me this is the best shaped sprint car track out there. Always seems to produce great racing no matter what management tries to do to screw up the classes

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
11/22/16, 7:15 AM   #8
Re: Atomic Speedway (Ohio) 2017 Schedule now POSTED.
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
2 things hurt this race: 1) no need for it to be a two day event as originally planned, 2) weather, all the rain and cool temps didn't help either. To me this is the best shaped sprint car track out there. Always seems to produce great racing no matter what management tries to do to screw up the classes
Couldn't agree more. Weather is always a factor and you cannot trust October and the original 2-day format is not fan friendly. The good side is it was an outstanding field of cars and one of the wildest sprint car races i've ever attended. Cool side note, they had a big problem in turn 3 with ruts and holes. After the heats i walked over to the Allstar officials trailer to get the dash and b-main line up and an official came out of the trailer and declared " I gotta go fix this @hit! " after a double take i realized hey man thats Tony Stewart He went over and directed the grader and rollers personally. Love it.

3 members like this post: flatout, Jim Gardner, nathans1012
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Atomic Speedway (Ohio) 2017 Schedule now POSTED.