IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?
10/9/07, 10:17 AM   #211
Re: Lawrencburg updates tonight?
voiceofracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
If the MSCS is not capable of putting on a quality show because they can not afford the proper equipment then why does it cost 20% more to go to the MSCS race at Lawrenceburg then it does to go to a USAC race there. USAC has radios and transponders.
MSCS puts on many quality shows throughout the season. They charge a minimum sanctioning fee. The USAC shows you are referencing are likely a $4000 to win show with about three or four times the fees. This show was a $10,000 to win race. Maybe that would help you understand. When I said lineups are a problem I was referring to many forms of racing at many levels of the sport. In no way was my post critical of MSCS.
Barry

10/9/07, 11:03 AM   #212
OpenwheelRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
You should send him an email, firing him as a fan, Dave.

Jerry
Hilarious, ouch!

10/9/07, 4:58 PM   #213
Andrew S. Quinn

Last week we were debating the cost to get in, now after the fact,depending on your point of view,most seem to say the racing sucked Saturday night. Someone mentioned driving 300+ miles and got a thank you from Dave Rudisell.

Last week Dave noted what a great value you were getting for your $25.00,and even compared it to other forms of entertainment. In case you have forgotten that post,here it is.

http://indianaopenwheel.com/vmessage...2436#post12436

Its no wonder that some tracks have a hard time competing with other forms of entertainment. If you charge good money for admission,and the races are crappy,why would people want to come back for 2nd time?

I was also thinking this past weekend after Dave's post last week comparing prices,that he shouldnt be telling us hardcore fans the comparisons, he should be out going AFTER the people going to other forms of entertainment,and get them to come to the races instead.More importantly get them to come to the races every week!

I'm just glad I had already made plans for other venues this weekend rather than Lawrenceburg. I would have been really bummed had I made the drive down,paid good money expecting to see a good race,then leave feeling disappointed. Then I would have even more disappointed reading basically, thanks for coming 300 miles,try again next time.

10/9/07, 7:46 PM   #214
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
i am not going to dwell on the past anymore..........
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell
That strategy didn't work particularly well for Mark McGuire. Maybe you'll have better luck.:wink1:

10/9/07, 8:12 PM   #215
Mr. Happy

Hasn't this been beat to death now? Time to move on people....:redflag:

10/9/07, 8:14 PM   #216
sprint 98j

This was our first show at the burg. Thought things went well. We were told ahead of time that with the banking it would be a one groove track, so we got what we expected. I thought it was well run and the facility is beautiful. its always the luck of the draw for the most part as so many cars are very equal. I think if the banking was lowered the racing would be much better and would make it easier to run into a 2 groove track week to week. Also it might prevent the speeds that end cars up in the stands. Over all we enjoyed running there and will come back but would prefer that the banking be cut down to improve safety and racing quality. And to everyone else quit crying its racing your never going to make any money till the big leagues and you still need to bring 5 million to get 1. Hauler 2 cars win 10, 10,000 dollar shows net loss 150,000 bucks so don't worry about it your still loosing money and if you don't show up at nascars door with 5 or 10 million they won't open it. so do your best with what you got and what the tracks can provide and have fun. Thanx to the management for a fun day. And forget shouda coulda wooda

10/9/07, 9:18 PM   #217
Eatin Dirt

Mr. Happy I agree, how long can you beat on a dead horse, or race. This has went a little overboard. :sleep:

10/9/07, 9:27 PM   #218
cecil98

Lawrenceburg must be doing something right! I can't recall any thread about any track getting almost 220 posts since I've registered for this board. I've always heard that any publicity is good publicity. I don't believe that is always true but, look at the passion fans and racers have for the "BURG", good or bad. My belief is that Lawrenceburg has been the heart of Indiana sprint car racing since the late 50's on. I don't believe any other track in Indiana has the history that the "BURG" has.

10/9/07, 10:08 PM   #219
hoosier

Must be a full moon!

10/9/07, 10:24 PM   #220
who cares

I agree enough already. I have just one comment; it has been interesting to see individuals changing their opinions from the influences of others.

I was at the race, enjoyed the race. If I was as unhappy as a few I would just find another track. Or maybe show up on prep days and try my hand at preparing the track. I had a boss once who said --- everyone has an opinion just like they have ass holes.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?