IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 71p
7/24/18, 4:10 PM   #41
Re: 71p
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmax3 View Post
I think smoking it for medical reasons is far different than recreational. Just my opinion but I don't think any of us would want to be wheeling a 900hp sprint car around someone who might be under the influence. Yes, he made a conscious decision that was a mistake and now will serve the consequences of that decision. I'm glad if other sanctioning bodies honor that test and consequence and age should not matter. I wish him and his family the best and hope he's learned from it. Once the suspension is over I look forward to his return. Everyone at some point in their life needs a little forgiveness without judgement.
I don't think anyone is disagreeing that you should definitely NOT be high while driving a sprint car. The issue is what you do on your own time, cause tests are not accurate enough & THC stays in your fat cells for weeks, even tho it doesn't make you high more than an hour or so

6 members like this post: chrismattlin, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, sc17x, tirespinner
7/24/18, 4:51 PM   #42
Backitin

As far as pot if they test for it it proves they are still in the stone age (or not). Why should you test for something that might have been done weeks ago where it could have been completely legal and has zero effect on your current condition. Its dumb and another reason why dirt track racing tends to be a more older redneck beer drinking sport that most young people could care less about. Too bad they couldn't jump up into the 1990's at least. I could never figure out companies testing for pot, they spent good money to narrow the field of potential workers for no good reason then they ***** when they say they cant find viable prospects when 90 percent of the failed drug tests are for a drug that has no real bearing in a persons overall position. Actually most of the brilliant motivated people I know smoke, most of the duh losers I know drink.

7 members like this post: 1021gpa, 55fan, fish, jim goerge, racenut69, rachasin, tirespinner
7/24/18, 6:07 PM   #43
IndianaSprintFan

You can smoke all you want. But if you want to race in any series that tests expect to get caught sooner or later. The debate of “its not that big of a deal” is irrelevant. The series says no so nothing else matters. He got caught, he will sit out and either continue to do it and hope he don’t get caught again or quit doing it

7/25/18, 1:52 AM   #44
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
As far as pot if they test for it it proves they are still in the stone age (or not). Why should you test for something that might have been done weeks ago where it could have been completely legal and has zero effect on your current condition. Its dumb and another reason why dirt track racing tends to be a more older redneck beer drinking sport that most young people could care less about. Too bad they couldn't jump up into the 1990's at least. I could never figure out companies testing for pot, they spent good money to narrow the field of potential workers for no good reason then they ***** when they say they cant find viable prospects when 90 percent of the failed drug tests are for a drug that has no real bearing in a persons overall position. Actually most of the brilliant motivated people I know smoke, most of the duh losers I know drink.
Right on the money about testing... reminds me of a good story I'm debating about telling

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
7/25/18, 1:54 AM   #45
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I just saw on the news where an older person used cbd oil to get off his opiod pain medication. His pension requires him to be drug tested. He tested positive after using it. So not everything is black and white. At around a $100 per test, there is a lot money to be made.
PENSION requires drug testing? Totally unfair! He earned that on the job, what do they care what he does when retired?

5 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, racenut69, tirespinner
7/25/18, 2:25 AM   #46
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
OK, on the job drug tests (not directly about racing): back in the 90s, I was a welder/ fabricator for a while at a company that subcontracted to build conveyor systems for a Danish firm (built everything on metric system) We were the "cheap foreign labor". In the Fab shop we built the structural framework of the conveyors, each guy built his own unit, then sent them to Assembly where they installed belts, electrical parts, etc. Most of the Fab Shop guys were "tweakers" ( smoked meth or crack) Management liked them cause they worked fast, but often their work got sent back from Assembly for some screwup (Haste makes waste, right?) Mine were seldom sent back, I think once in 4 months. Benefits kicked in after 90 working days. On about Day 75, they had me train a new guy who was clearly drinking hard liquor on breaks. On about Day 85, they drug tested me & I failed for weed, got canned. I never came to work high or got high on the job, saved that for evenings & weekends when I could relax & enjoy it. SOBs were having me train my replacement to save $$ on benefits! ..... but it gets worse: Guy dealing the "rocks" was the Foreman! He got caught red handed smoking meth or crack in his car at lunch & got a mere one day suspension. Company was being run day to day by owner's son, who i suspect was in cahoots with the Foreman (ONE DAY suspension???)
Moral: being high on the job or especially on a race track is unacceptable. But drug tests are often a scam....

7 members like this post: 1021gpa, jim goerge, PJ Wright, racenut69, rick42, sc17x, tirespinner
7/25/18, 4:14 AM   #47
Gasitup

Doing any kind of drugs are illegal.If your going to be a professional then act like it. He got caught now he has to serve the penalty. This doesnt make him a bad person he just made a mistake like we all have one time or another.So lets let him get cleaned up so he can get back to racing.Just my opinion!

7/25/18, 12:47 PM   #48
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasitup View Post
Doing any kind of drugs are illegal.If your going to be a professional then act like it. He got caught now he has to serve the penalty. This doesnt make him a bad person he just made a mistake like we all have one time or another.So lets let him get cleaned up so he can get back to racing.Just my opinion!
Cannabis is legal in 9 states & District of Columbia. I don't consider it a "drug", any more than coffee
The real problem in the USA right now is opiates, often prescribed by doctors. 7 lethal ODs in my Mom's small, rural, middle class New England town last year

4 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART, rick42, sc17x
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 71p