IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Crankin (Offline)
  #11 6/18/18 10:04 PM
And don’t forget 7 different winners in 16 races is too “predictable”.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, Kingz, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, racinrich, tirespinner
Big Game Hunter (Offline)
  #12 6/18/18 10:09 PM
I agree with everything you said david mitchell your not ******** about anything
david mitchell (Offline)
  #13 6/18/18 10:46 PM
Racin Rich ,believe me it is not always 80 degrees at Perris in November.I have spent many very cold nights there.Do I think Sprintweek should end at Kokomo yes.Do I think the Champion should be crowned here in the midwest ,yes.Do I think USAC should change their race format ,yes.Did I wonder why they were not running the big track tonight,yes.Why is it that topics the least bit controversial are deemed to be ********.I thought a forum was supposed to be a melting pot of ideas,and discussions.It seems controversy and fun are frowned at on this outlet.This is entertainment.
Big Game Hunter (Offline)
  #14 6/19/18 12:02 AM
David Mitchell just said How Do Ya like me NOW! RacinRich. Lol
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #15 6/19/18 12:05 AM
I saw a release somewhere early in the year noting that MOST races at Bridgeport were going to be on the 3/8 this year. WoO is racing the 3/8 this year too.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #16 6/19/18 12:42 AM
How about "wingless cars are more fun to watch on smaller tracks"?
Thats how I feel, & I'm not alone.....
11 Likes: billw, BrentTFunk, dkdorkboy, Eatin Dirt, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Kingz, Kydehart, opnwhlmnd, SOROKACH35FAN, WinglessLovers
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #17 6/19/18 4:45 AM
Originally Posted by david mitchell:
Imagine my surprise when I saw a bit of video from Bridgeport hot laps.They are running the 3/8 track,not the big track.Was this the way it appeared on the schedule.Why not the monster 5/8.So sad.☹️Need to check my usac schedule.
Here's a heads up for you david mitchell: Next year when the sprintweek schedule says Indy, it's NOT going to be on the big track.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
5 Likes: Backitin, BrentTFunk, jim goerge, mc/rider, wallbanger II
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #18 6/19/18 5:57 AM
Bridgeport built the smaller track because no one really wanted to run the massive 5/8 anymore.
2 Likes: billw, jim goerge
Backitin (Offline)
  #19 6/19/18 7:26 AM
The 5/8 mile was built by the former promoter of Flemington speedway, the fastest 5/8 mile clay track in the world before "progress" swallowed it up.
Personally I prefer nonwing cars on a 3/8 as opposed to a 5/8 mile. The big track is best suited for the big block mods. Those pigs need the room.
ps the most impressive show of outright speed I ever saw was doug wolfgang at Flemington. He averaged either 141 or 146 mph in his winged car. It looked like cheating death the whole time. I've seen things go way faster but none scarier.
david mitchell (Offline)
  #20 6/19/18 7:30 AM
See,P.J gets it.Fun.I loved that response.Personally,I hope the Speedway never happens,much rather go back to Gas City with improved seating.😹🏁