IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Racerolson (Offline)
  #1 4/29/10 10:19 PM
Here's a Pic of the New Beast TQ. The first one is being finished now. If anybody is interested can call Mike or Bob at Beast. 317-852-4411
jontheturboguy (Offline)
  #2 4/29/10 10:46 PM
Damn sexy and my hats off to the boys at Beast.

Id like to see how taller drivers fit in the thing. Also, was the car built around an ACRO rear or Winters?
Racerolson (Offline)
  #3 4/29/10 10:54 PM
It's built w/ an acro rearend. I was the test dummy when building to see how things fit and I'm 6 Ft tall.

Brian Olson
tqracer65 (Offline)
  #4 4/30/10 12:02 AM
was it mocked up with an air filter in mind only minor but will any panels have to be modified a little just curious very interesting car, like the mid tube idea
Shawn (Offline)
  #5 4/30/10 8:45 AM
Sweet! I see a mix of Beast, plus other cars that currently race in the TQ ranks. My question would also be about the body work, primarily the hood. With the mid-tube on the outside of the hood, not only is it not too appealing, but there is no room for sponsors, etc.. Any thought of creating a new one? Just curious, not "flaming" anyone.

I'm not sure there is anything that Beast has built that hasn't had some success, so I don't expect this to be different. Good luck!
TQ29m (Online)
  #6 4/30/10 9:00 AM
Anyone notice it is a 4 bar car?

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
TQ2M (Offline)
  #7 4/30/10 9:12 AM
Alot of the new dirt Beast cars are 4 bar cars. The car that Bobby East has been running is a 4 bar.
Shawn (Offline)
  #8 4/30/10 10:28 AM
I actually did notice it, but expected it, too.

J.J. Yeley drove the 4-Bar Beast Midget to victory at Eldora. Plus, Bobby East has driven it for awhile now. There were other that were built, including one for Zach Daum. I'm pretty sure that Damion Gardner's Beast (Dirt Sprint Car) was a 4-Bar, too. That was a "one-off" deal, but it still goes along with the trend...
TQ29m (Online)
  #9 4/30/10 11:29 AM
Shawn, I know my opinion doesn't carry much of a load, but I'm a firm believer in 4 bar cars, if done right, you can end up with a finer tune on the chassis, than you can with coilovers, and for less money, and, I prefer the mid tube, for several reasons, the first car I built was a mid tube, but all the ones I sold, were downtube, and most were coilovers, I guess must have been the "dog tu*d" syndrome! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Jrp4554 (Offline)
  #10 4/30/10 5:39 PM
Sorry but I've always thought non down tube cars were the ugliest type of open wheel car ever created. Lol. Sorry JMO. It just reminds me of the old UMRA logo. I know they can be wicked fast. Just look at the success of the Goff's. There's also a lot of non down tube pavement sprint cars. I've just never been a fan. lol.