IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute cooler policy
5/3/22, 10:35 PM   #51
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

🍿🍿

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

5/4/22, 1:13 AM   #52
flagboy55

I’ve got to throw in my 2 cents. This doesn’t bode well for me an Oppweld. But we’ll get through it

1 member likes this post: oppweld
5/4/22, 9:46 AM   #53
Re: Terre Haute cooler policy
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
While we are taking cooler policies, what’s Macon Speedways? Never been and planning on going Saturday. Went to website and couldn’t find any info. Thanks in advance
Mighty Macon does NOT allow coolers to be carried in by spectators. They're even a little persnickety at the entrance gate about carrying in a bottle of water or soda. The concessions at Macon are above average quality and are reasonably priced, well staffed and the lines are not bad at all. At least all that was the case the last time I was there which was last season.

If you've never attended a midget race at Mighty Macon you're in for a treat!! The only down side is on occasion the 4 or 5 support classes wear the track out but that is the exception rather than the rule. Have fun!!

5/4/22, 11:09 AM   #54
duel

I think butler speedway in Michigan has always allowed coolers. I-96 20 years ago or so stopped allowing coolers and I think it was part of them losing lots of fans at the time. The big track MIS banned coolers once and the fans raised so much H that an ordinance of some sort was passed to allow them back in. I personally would not let that be a factor going to a track. It sure is a luxury to bring your own food and drink though. But most of these short tracks rely on their concessions to help keep them open. With a medium-size crowd and a small car count, the track is lucky to break even when running these traveling clubs. $3 to $4 a beer is still a good deal compared to going to a stick and ball game or a concert. Not to mention the freedom of being able to move around to different viewing spots at a track.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mc/rider
5/4/22, 12:12 PM   #55
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
The big track MIS banned coolers once and the fans raised so much H that an ordinance of some sort was passed to allow them back in.
The first few years Chicagoland, near Joliet, Illinois, was hosting NASCAR and Indy Car racing spectators were prohibited from entering with coolers and concession prices were comparable to the two MLB venues and Soldiers Field, home to the Bears. There was a sizable backlash to the exorbitant concession prices and cooler ban almost from the beginning. As the crowds began to dwindle management ultimately allowed coolers as an attendance incentive.

The last time we were at the dirt track at Joliet, which was the summer prior to the China virus, they did not allow spectator coolers and the concession prices are a lot higher than the downstate dirt tracks. Probably due to it's proximity to Chicago. To my knowledge Jacksonville does not allow spectator coolers (if I'm mistaken I will humbly stand corrected), neither does Fairbury and the few times throughout the season that La Salle hosts racing they don't either.

2 members like this post: duel, flagboy55
5/5/22, 9:54 AM   #56
Rpracing1

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, mc/rider, racenut69, The Old Coyote, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute cooler policy