IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Nate (Offline)
  #31 3/19/19 9:22 AM
Originally Posted by Unlucky#9:
Avon Open Wheel Fan(Jay Tinder)

Also I find it sad that in the video for the auction tomorrow they listed "Zoned commercial........ possible development". That just says to me that they're trying to draw in investors to make the track into a subdivision.
If you've ever been to Chandler, I can tell you that the land being developed into condos or a subdivision wouldn't be very likely (I'm not an engineer though). The property is mostly wetlands. Floods very easily and holds water.

That said, today is bankruptcy day...still nothing out of the Movieland/Presleyland/Neverland camp. Probably still out collecting cans to try to pay for a lawyer.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
4 Likes: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, oppweld, RockinRy
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #32 3/19/19 9:46 AM
No worries,I'm in Haubstaubt today,meeting with my banker & a plethora of investors,I've never owned a race track,but have been to a couple.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
13 Likes: BrentTFunk, coachmeece, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, kcarm92, mlamb, Nate, oppweld, RockinRy, TNRustler, TQ29m, wildman92
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #33 3/19/19 1:46 PM
Originally Posted by Unlucky#9:
Avon Open Wheel Fan(Jay Tinder)

Also I find it sad that in the video for the auction tomorrow they listed "Zoned commercial........ possible development". That just says to me that they're trying to draw in investors to make the track into a subdivision.
They could build the flood plane up ( don’t know how much dirt it would take ), but I could see it more as a warehouse facility then anything.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
Griffittsmotorsports (Offline)
  #34 3/19/19 2:41 PM
From what I know there is afew promoters of other tracks looking at it and going to the auction.. will see tho
2 Likes: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge
Nate (Offline)
  #35 3/20/19 9:33 AM
Wow...he actually filed for bankruptcy and halted the sale. I'm sure he'll be on social media bragging about it later today, as if he accomplished something positive by filing for Ch. 11.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
  #36 3/20/19 10:48 AM
Who knows what will happen.. but let’s be honest here who in their right mind will race at a track the owner is in bankruptcy?
2 Likes: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #37 3/20/19 7:07 PM
Tune in tomorrow when Reno comes out of bankruptcy to purchase the Indianapolis motor Speedway and firmly states that he’s going to turn it into a dirt track ! With racing every Wednesday afternoon starting at 1:15 sharp!
Race pay out
1st -$10,000.00
2nd- $5,000.00
3rd - an all expense paid trip to Graceland
Everybody else 1 1/2 shares in movie land speed park
4 Likes: dirt330, jim goerge, The Old Coyote, WinglessLovers
Vookie (Offline)
  #38 3/20/19 7:38 PM
Originally Posted by Nate:
Wow...he actually filed for bankruptcy and halted the sale. I'm sure he'll be on social media bragging about it later today, as if he accomplished something positive by filing for Ch. 11.
So I guess that opening night is in doubt?
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, TQ29m
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #39 3/21/19 1:31 PM
I've officially been blocked by Reno on Facebook and barred for life from Movieland Speedpark.

I'm not sure what to do with my life anymore.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
15 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, dirt330, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, jim goerge, kinser, Nate, oppweld, racenut69, RockinRy, scottyCbus, superstock30, thunder31
  #40 3/21/19 2:16 PM
Join the other 95% of Indiana and Kentucky did ya ? I been on that list for over a year now
3 Likes: dirt330, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge