IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
7/12/13, 11:42 AM   #121
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
Bradleyracing86

Phil although appreciated, an apology isn't necessary. However I do accept it. I did not have malicious intent while talking about the different series. I'd like to attend this off season meeting with you and mark (as long as he doesn't want to punch me in the face still) I think much can be learned and accomplished if we all work together.

That being said, I don't think the current rules should be bent for anyone. Not even Mr.Winks.
It's not about winks or how much money the hyper cost. It's the integrity of the rules that matters.

I don't expect to run mechanical injection with you or Amsa for that fact even though I don't agree with it. People are scared of the unknown, I do like experimental clauses, with out looking for new power plants the engine prices would sky rocket, kinda like tqs.
Also with that clause injections would allowed, to be atleast judged.
Looking forward to a meeting.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/12/13, 11:43 AM   #122
Bradleyracing86

I want to add the hyper isn't that much out of line with the other cars on price.. Didn't want rob to take that the wrong way..

Posted via Mobile Device

7/12/13, 12:06 PM   #123
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Phil although appreciated, an apology isn't necessary. However I do accept it. I did not have malicious intent while talking about the different series. I'd like to attend this off season meeting with you and mark (as long as he doesn't want to punch me in the face still) I think much can be learned and accomplished if we all work together.

That being said, I don't think the current rules should be bent for anyone. Not even Mr.Winks.
It's not about winks or how much money the hyper cost. It's the integrity of the rules that matters.

I don't expect to run mechanical injection with you or Amsa for that fact even though I don't agree with it. People are scared of the unknown, I do like experimental clauses, with out looking for new power plants the engine prices would sky rocket, kinda like tqs.
Also with that clause injections would allowed, to be atleast judged.
Looking forward to a meeting.

Posted via Mobile Device
I for one, would appreciate it if you would leave TQ,s out of your contest, ain't nuthin like what you got! Bob

7/12/13, 12:43 PM   #124
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I for one, would appreciate it if you would leave TQ,s out of your contest, ain't nuthin like what you got! Bob

Seems to me like the TQ fraternity was doing a whole lot of back biteing a few years ago. As long as they got them old Honda 750's and they allow a guy to spend whatever they want to inside of them I don't see a problem. Chain drive and electronics and I see a few heart attacks. If we let you guys race with us will you let us race with you?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/12/13 at 12:46 PM.

7/12/13, 1:11 PM   #125
TQ29m

Not my decision to make. As far as "back biting", at least the rules are for the most part the same for the three entities, and everyone has had good car counts this season. As usual, you aren't current on what is going on in the TQ world, yes, there are a lot of guys still running the old Honda's, but, there are plenty of the old engines around, and I don't know of anyone who has spent 27K for a new car, maybe that's what attracts more new people every year. It would be foolish to put that kind of money, for the payback, even with inflation, you can still build an old Honda, with good reliable parts, for under $2500.00, besides, race engines are a lot like wives, they do require some attention once in a while. As far as electronics, what does that have to do with anything, my philosophy has always been KISS. We don't have 3 days at a race track to dial things in, we are a filler division, we come, we race, we go home, next time, different race track. I never did like "stock" engine rules, just like go-karting, the stock classes were always the most expensive, and where the most cheating took place, and the most tension. I'll leave you to "your" issues, I just didn't want the uninformed thinking that TQ racing was more expensive than the mini-sprint. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 7/12/13 at 1:13 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/12/13, 2:38 PM   #126
buckshot3448

Quote:
Not my decision to make. As far as "back biting", at least the rules are for the most part the same for the three entities, and everyone has had good car counts this season. As usual, you aren't current on what is going on in the TQ world, yes, there are a lot of guys still running the old Honda's, but, there are plenty of the old engines around, and I don't know of anyone who has spent 27K for a new car, maybe that's what attracts more new people every year. It would be foolish to put that kind of money, for the payback, even with inflation, you can still build an old Honda, with good reliable parts, for under $2500.00, besides, race engines are a lot like wives, they do require some attention once in a while. As far as electronics, what does that have to do with anything, my philosophy has always been KISS. We don't have 3 days at a race track to dial things in, we are a filler division, we come, we race, we go home, next time, different race track. I never did like "stock" engine rules, just like go-karting, the stock classes were always the most expensive, and where the most cheating took place, and the most tension. I'll leave you to "your" issues, I just didn't want the uninformed thinking that TQ racing was more expensive than the mini-sprint. Bob
I ran TQ's for 2 years and got out due to the engine price. Mini's were cheaper and more reliable then a honda ever could be. Tq's arnt 27k because they arnt being built anymore there all older cars selling between 4-9k. the hardest time i ever had was selling my tq. no one wants them anymore.

7/12/13, 2:42 PM   #127
DAD

Quote:
Any kind of racing is expensive. Even getting to the track and buying tickets for the grand stands and popcorn is expensive. I think Andy was talking about full midgets.

I made a small fortune racing, sure wish I had my large fortune back.

126 responses over 5000 hits a kings ransom in HY-JACKS and Striker still ain't got no response. What is this board coming to.

Just a good place to let off steam.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/12/13 at 2:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS
7/12/13, 2:51 PM   #128
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot3448 View Post
I ran TQ's for 2 years and got out due to the engine price. Mini's were cheaper and more reliable then a honda ever could be. Tq's arnt 27k because they arnt being built anymore there all older cars selling between 4-9k. the hardest time i ever had was selling my tq. no one wants them anymore.
Hate to bring you up to date, but there are several TQ builders as we speak, maybe you should keep in touch, new cars are being built at this time, and, in anything, you need to be able to do the expensive stuff, and learn how to maintain whatever you have, the answer is being able to tell the difference! And, where in anyone's rulebook does it say you have to run a Honda, I've been running a current production Yamaha since 2005, and it is really dependable, and cheap to build, if you know how, and can! Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 7/12/13 at 3:24 PM.

7/12/13, 3:21 PM   #129
Bradleyracing86

Move along bob nothing to see here. We have beat enough dead horses here. Once again not being malicious just stating a factual point.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/12/13, 3:31 PM   #130
openwheel44

Just from 2-3 conversations today, I think most are on the same page about this motor issue. Stock.....bone stock. Fuel conversions only. Gas or Alky. Weight needs to be resolved. The biggest issue I see is how to tech all the components and not scare everyone off thinking they are going to have a hell of bill with the motor man after a "tech procedure" has been performed on their unit. Another issue....gas versus alky. Same arguments.........costs of alky conversions, safety of alky compared to gas and testing of both.

I have a question.........I have been told that "some" electronics on these motors are set up that they can only run at 80% of throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. The ECU needs to be reflashed so these motor can run at 100% throttle all the time no matter what gear you are in. I think most of us use either 2nd or 3th gear 95% of the time. Is this fact or fiction? If it's fact, is there going to be issues with BONE STOCK ECU's? And........how do you tech an ECU at the race track?

Another question.......availability of stock rods for certain motors. One of our locals is saying he was having trouble with finding stock rods for his R-1 and on top of that.......aftermarket ones were cheaper. ????? Again.....fact or fiction? Is this guys blowing smoke up our a$$es??? Someone in the know please respond.

STOCK can be a pain in the a$$ but it seems that is the only thing that is going to keep this class going in the right direction. We all just need to determine ways to keep the honest more honest.

I am excited about the possibilities of having some sort of "meeting" to establish a common set of rules for this class. A set that all associations can agree with. Me.....I don't expect a bona fide National Organization at this time because no one wants to dedicate that much time to the situation at this point. I just think a "gentlemen's agreement" to a rules package that is ENFORCED would be sufficient to begin with. Baby steps............

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints