IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RGraves (Offline)
  #61 7/19/12 11:43 AM
I hate that for Mitchell. Was the car junked? I noticed there were quite a few that didn't race last night- Hendrick, Vanderweerds, and a few others. Hope to see them back in action for the rest of Sprint Week.
19racer
  #62 7/19/12 1:23 PM
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan:
I knew that, I was curious what happened to Braylon.
He didn't say. Just went to USAC official said scratched for remainder of the night. So tmez was next finisher

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Originally Posted by RGraves:
I hate that for Mitchell. Was the car junked? I noticed there were quite a few that didn't race last night- Hendrick, Vanderweerds, and a few others. Hope to see them back in action for the rest of Sprint Week.
Car wasn't good ripped entire fuel tank from car. As far as vanderweerds he flipped hard Monday night. Not sure bout Hendrick. Lot if guys don't like half mile tracks

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 1:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Originally Posted by addictedtodirt:
Suprised the drivers did not have to exit cars for refuel.

Have heard Clauson broke the steering prior to heat 1. Going to backup car.

Posted via Mobile Device
Said motor wasnt running right on fuel stop had fuel running out of motor and said possible broken or stuck valve. Was gonna go to back up car but switched motors instead

Posted via Mobile Device
peacedaddy101 (Offline)
  #63 7/19/12 2:42 PM
Long shot here, did anyone get a picture of the green Subaru station wagon packing in the track. Would love to see pictures of it.
19racer
  #64 7/19/12 2:58 PM
Originally Posted by peacedaddy101:
Long shot here, did anyone get a picture of the green Subaru station wagon packing in the track. Would love to see pictures of it.
Gotta love all wheel drive. Got around better than the van did

Posted via Mobile Device
hoosierfan (Offline)
  #65 7/19/12 4:54 PM
Braylon didn't run the feature due to a broken brake rotor. That is what he told me after the races. I must say it was a great pleasure to be able to get to wheel pack in the vehicle that is carrying me and my sister to all of the races this year. Speaking of that does anybody have pics from wheel packing? Would be nice to have a pic of the tahoe on the track.

Posted via Mobile Device
reeserx (Offline)
  #66 7/19/12 5:22 PM
Originally Posted by peacedaddy101:
Thats kinda neat, I make subarus for a living lol

Posted via Mobile Device
19racer
  #67 7/19/12 5:38 PM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
Thats kinda neat, I make subarus for a living lol

Posted via Mobile Device
Do you work at Lafayette plant

Posted via Mobile Device
reeserx (Offline)
  #68 7/19/12 5:56 PM
Only place in America that makes subarus So yes

Posted via Mobile Device
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #69 7/19/12 6:47 PM
To the promoters-Thanks for starting an hour late although they should have announced it that way. Some weirdos on here seem to want things to start in the afternoon and have even dustier tracks. Thanks for not listening to them! Temps did drop right before the feature allowing me to enjoy a different type of beverage. After Sargent cut it before the B it was a lot dustier. I wish you would just try leaving it alone one night and see what happens. Please fix the PA in the grandstand...please!! It was fun to watch Clayton back in the saddle again! Too bad the engine was cooked, hope Morgan's is as good.
Racer12 (Offline)
  #70 7/19/12 7:01 PM
All I have to say is thanks for taking this track on. It may not have been the best race ever but... it was still **** good! I'll take it over no Terre Haute at all any day! A P.A. we can hear would be great though.

Dirt tracks are not supposed to be perfect every night, that's dirt. Thats why we do it because of the constant changing of track conditions, it's like the USMC says. Adapt, improvise and overcome!

Bob