IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mowerman (Offline)
  #11 9/2/15 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
How do you folks think it will affect the field for the vince osman memorial at kokomo? I don't know what it pays but tss pays 3ķ to win.
Don't think it will affect it at all . More cars at Kokomo .
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, ronmil
rclaridge (Offline)
  #12 9/2/15 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by mowerman:
Don't think it will affect it at all . More cars at Kokomo .
Here we go again, someone always has to stir the pot,there's enough good cars to go around. Hope every track running has a good crowd and great racing and most importantly a safe night for all!!
8 Likes: babcock14d, Dirtfan, dshort36, pcabel04@yahoo.com, Rpracing1, scottyCbus, tubemaster, wildman92
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #13 9/2/15 1:14 PM
Can't wait!
jim goerge (Offline)
  #14 9/2/15 2:02 PM
Originally Posted by rclaridge:
Here we go again, someone always has to stir the pot,there's enough good cars to go around. Hope every track running has a good crowd and great racing and most importantly a safe night for all!!
Roger I don"t think Bob was stirring the pot at all. It was a real and honest answer, Let's face facts there are more cars up north than down here, and I believe both races pay the same. Guys will go to where they can win and make the most money without a bunch of travel and who can blame them. As I have said on here a bunch of times you don"t need 40 cars for a good show!!! Haubstadt will get around 20 cars and they will put on one hell of a show so sit back and enjoy them
8 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, dshort36, i love dirt track racing, mowerman, racedave, tubemaster
chastaj (Offline)
  #15 9/2/15 2:21 PM
TSS needs to have a few "weekly" Sat night sprint shows to give lower budget local guys a chance to get accustom to the place vs having to run USAC or MSCS first time out. Let us get some laps and figure the place out and more cars might feel more comfortable running there vs having to line up next to the big names right off the bat.
2 Likes: Ch138, jim goerge
jim goerge (Offline)
  #16 9/2/15 2:34 PM
TSS used to run a weekly show but car counts dropped, guys talked about loseing a hour on way home , distance blah blah blah etc etc so TSS went specials only. Now you say run a weekly Saturday night show. Where they going to get the cars from?
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, rclaridge
ryan84 (Offline)
  #17 9/2/15 5:50 PM
Originally Posted by chastaj:
TSS needs to have a few "weekly" Sat night sprint shows to give lower budget local guys a chance to get accustom to the place vs having to run USAC or MSCS first time out. Let us get some laps and figure the place out and more cars might feel more comfortable running there vs having to line up next to the big names right off the bat.
There is good chance that there only be around 20 Sunday. I dont understand why you wouldn't run and get some seat time. You only get better when running with the best. Between California and kokomo, I think its anybodys race Sunday and anybody showing up should have a good chance of running up front. I just hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend.
3 Likes: AB Racing, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
chastaj (Offline)
  #18 9/2/15 9:54 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
TSS used to run a weekly show but car counts dropped, guys talked about loseing a hour on way home , distance blah blah blah etc etc so TSS went specials only. Now you say run a weekly Saturday night show. Where they going to get the cars from?
I was not aware they use to run weekly. I know of 5 first year sprint car drivers within 15 miles of my house. 2+ hours from TSS. Issue is that place is fast, fast, fast and that wall is intimidating for newbies. It's fine to try and run with faster drivers till you get driving over your talent level. "Mines low" and wad a car up, or worse yet take someone else out with you.
4 Likes: Agentry10, jim goerge, Leohr46, ryan84
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #19 9/2/15 10:26 PM
Issue is that place is fast, fast, fast and that wall is intimidating for newbies.
Thats why we LOVE it............Because it is FAST, FAST, FAST..........
jim goerge (Offline)
  #20 9/2/15 11:13 PM
I was not aware they use to run weekly. I know of 5 first year sprint car drivers within 15 miles of my house. 2+ hours from TSS. Issue is that place is fast, fast, fast and that wall is intimidating for newbies. It's fine to try and run with faster drivers till you get driving over your talent level. "Mines low" and wad a car up, or worse yet take someone else out with you.
I totally understand and respect that even if others here don"t
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, ryan84