IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Leary to drive for MDM in 2016
3/2/16, 12:38 PM   #1
Leary to drive for MDM in 2016
racefan1

For Immediate Release:
Michael Dutcher Motorsports is excited to announce that the team has signed nineteen year old sprint car driver, CJ Leary, from Greenfield, IN to drive the team’s Fisher Racing Engine Maxims in 2016. Team owner and crew chief, Michael Dutcher, states that the team is extremely excited to get the chance to race for the USAC National championship with this young driver. “CJ’s been extremely fast the last couple of years in his family owned Leary Construction cars. He’s one of the most talented young sprint car drivers in America. We know that CJ likes the gas pedal which fits with our program very well. We’ve watched him win the National sprint car Rookie of the Year title in 2012 and he’s been tough to beat ever since. CJ has become fast at a lot of the same tracks that we have won at so we are looking forward to getting the season going. We are looking forward to a very successful season. CJ, AJ Bray and I have a goal, win as many races as possible then maybe we will have a shot at the national championship.”

The team will run their first race together at Brownstown Speedway’s “No Way Out 40” on March 26th. They will then kick off the first USAC race in Indiana at Lawrenceburg Speedway on April 2nd.

Leary won the 360 Oval Nationals race in Perris, CA in 2014. He also won the Richard Griffin Classic at Southern New Mexico Speedway in November of 2015.

Michael Dutcher Motorsports and CJ Leary would like to thank AMSOIL for their continued support. MDM would like to thank:

Griffin’s Propane
Tri-Star Motorsports
Indiana Underground
Leary Construction
RW Modular
Fisher Racing Engines
Doty Graphics
Maxim Racing
Competition Suspension
Indy Race Parts
Indy Metal Finishing
Pace Performance Coating
Jack Morrow
Stan Courtad Racing
Walt James Sprint Car Legacy
Hinchman
Kramer Motor Co
Weld Racing
Sun Valley Hardware
DND
All-Star Performance
Benic Enterprises
Hoosier
Wilwood
BMRS
Leader’s Edge
Chalk Stix
Simpson
Saldana
Schoenfeld

3/2/16, 12:50 PM   #2
Re: Leary to drive for MDM in 2016
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Sounds like a great opportunity for both sides. CJ is good up and coming driver. MDM is a really good established team. Good Luck to both in 2016!

3/2/16, 3:12 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Put me down for at least five USAC wins and probably at least that many other wins.

GO CJ and MDM

6 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jscott101, PIT CART, rapid robert, scottyCbus, sp6967
3/2/16, 7:58 PM   #4
sp6967

cj is a real gasser. it should be a great partnership.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge, scottyCbus, tirespinner
3/3/16, 1:56 PM   #5
JDFAST

goodluck in 16, hell of a nice kid and also a gasser

3/3/16, 2:30 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

One of the most awesome things in racing I seen a couple years ago was a race at Lawrenceburg. KTjr in the MDM car and Leary in his.

The track was already fast on a humid night and KT was in the lead with Leary in second or third with a couple lap cars in there between KT and Leary. A light rain started and they red flagged it. Well most know its not to easy to gain ground when the tracks as fast as it can be and my thinking was if they get it going again KT would run away with it.

They did get it going again and after about three laps Leary put on a clinic passing the second place car and the two lappers and a last corner slide job on KTjr to win. Ranked right up there with the Stanbrough/Grant Photo finish of the same year.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, EBookerFan, mc/rider, smith19
3/3/16, 2:32 PM   #7
Rpracing1

Hope this combination works out well!

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DirtHawk92
3/6/16, 12:40 AM   #8
Scooter23

Congrats to CL and MDM. You've got a great little shoe in the seat this year!

Scooter Williamson

3/8/16, 2:16 PM   #9
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I would still call myself new to this... 2009 started going to USAC shows... so which car is this? I don't know owners and teams very well... car # and sponsors??

1 member likes this post: jaybird
3/8/16, 7:21 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
I would still call myself new to this... 2009 started going to USAC shows... so which car is this? I don't know owners and teams very well... car # and sponsors??
Black 17. My guess is you would relate to Kevin Thomas Jr in the seat. Dutcher also had success with Bryan Clauson. Fast car

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Leary to drive for MDM in 2016