IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IRACING sprint cars.....
1/24/11, 7:40 AM   #1
IRACING sprint cars.....
throb

for those of you that are iracing members.......they are releasing a pavement sprint car in the near future! now if we can only get them to add some dirt tracks!

1/24/11, 11:39 AM   #2
Re: IRACING sprint cars.....
racerdog45

it's nice they're going to do a sprinter, doubt they ever do dirt tracks, seems like most on there are either into the taxi-cabs or the road racing. Would like to see some more short tracks PERIOD on there, by far the most fun
Last edited by racerdog45; 1/24/11 at 11:39 AM. Reason: speeling correction

1/24/11, 1:07 PM   #3
throb

im having a blast running the miatas! they are ton of fun, and most folks race clean on the road courses.....a bunch of toothless inbreds run the oval stuff and drive like its their duty to crash you! i mostly stay away from the oval stuff now just because of that. but i might have to come back to build my license to run the sprint!

1 member likes this post: fish
1/24/11, 2:01 PM   #4
racerdog45

you have to be careful when you race sometimes, too many times you'll get into a deal where 3-4 people know each other and 1-2 will block/wreck for the others. Myself and several other people I actually know in real life joined at the same time and formed our own little group, started out 15 of us and is up to 25 now, to join you must know someone in the group and the group votes on who they allow in, also you can be voted out, suspended etc. By far the most fun is the modifieds (like Whelen Tour) but the spec racer surprised me. The legends car isn't that much fun to drive but have been in some insane races with it. Right now we race once a week, short 4 race series and then break a week(with a "fun race" that week). We vote via email on what we want to race and where, you can't run the same type car back to back. We seem to be rotating between the mods, late model and legends pretty much. Once in a great while we run a USAC champ car fun race. I have a SK and Tour mod, LM, USAC champ, legends, spec racer, Soltice, Miata and a Lotus 79. We're voting on adding a car right now and changing rules to where we run all the types, one after the other, then start over. Sadly right now it looks like nationwide being added. Maybe after they get the sprint up and running someone can start an IOW series, allowing only IOW members in to race.

1/24/11, 5:24 PM   #5
garry47

They probably won't release dirt anytime soon. It will be every bit of 1 or 2 years before it is even a possibility. The pavement physics and tire model aren't that great and still have a lot of development. No way they could make dirt work right now.

4/4/17, 8:51 AM   #6
drummerJ99

I know this is a old thread but figured maybe there were some people in here aren't still iRacing members and don't keep up to date with what they are doing but they have added dirt. They've added 305, 360 and 410 Winged Sprints & Pro, Limited & Super Late Model's. Along with Eldora, Williams Grove and Volusia dirt tracks.

Not sure how realistic everything is but have to say it's the most fun I've had in the year and a half I've been with iRacing. I don't see myself doing anything but dirt from now on.

4/4/17, 9:11 AM   #7
chathamracefan

I have Iracing. Had let it lapse as I never really caught on with the pavement racing. I renewed & bought the dirt content. The late models are difficult at the moment, but I am making good progress with the 410 sprint. Just doing hot laps right now. Not brave enough to race others yet.

It is a blast!! Would definitely recommend. Just make sure your computer has the necessary specs before jumping in.

4/4/17, 9:46 AM   #8
drummerJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
I have Iracing. Had let it lapse as I never really caught on with the pavement racing. I renewed & bought the dirt content. The late models are difficult at the moment, but I am making good progress with the 410 sprint. Just doing hot laps right now. Not brave enough to race others yet.

It is a blast!! Would definitely recommend. Just make sure your computer has the necessary specs before jumping in.
You should hop in the Mud For Fun 410 sprint races. It unofficial so doesn't affect yours or anyone else's SR. So really have nothing to lose. I'd think you'd see your probably better then half the people running those races anyway. LOL

The Pro & Limited lates are fun. The super I either loop it around or finally get a good slide through the corner just to push up on exit and slam the wall. That thing is a beast.

4/4/17, 12:22 PM   #9
staggerman

I'm interested in getting into Iracing now that they have dirt racing but I am confused on what type of computer you need to run it. I need to get a new desk top computer anyway. So can I buy a standard computer at Best Buy or do I have to buy a gaming computer? Can anyone provide any assistance? I am pretty much a plug in and use computer user! Lol

4/4/17, 12:29 PM   #10
Jbaldwin

Staggerman I don't know much about computers either but Iracing had this article on twitter for your question.
https://racingnews.co/2017/03/30/wha...-play-iracing/

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IRACING sprint cars.....