IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Last Floracing Post, I give up.
7/9/19, 9:52 AM   #1
Last Floracing Post, I give up.
nonwingkingofkali

So since there are no upcoming races listed on the ROKU app, it has been suggested that I just go to Floracing on my computer and check the schedule. Now I don't know who is in charge of these listings, but how hard could this possibly be? Here are the listings for this week. I've been told by Floracing that the times I see are for my time zone. Is there one start time on this list that is correct????? What a joke. Two races at Perris Auto Speedway on the same day, two different start times. And I guarantee neither start time is correct.

Jul 9 2019 USAC Midgets at Red Dirt Raceway Streaming starts Tuesday at 1:30 PM

Jul 10 2019 USAC Midgets at Concordia High Banks Streaming starts Wednesday at 2:30 PM

Jul 12-13 2019 USAC Midgets at Jefferson County Speedway Streaming starts Friday at 2:30 PM

Jul 13 2019 Weekly Points Race Rogers County Night | Port City Raceway Streaming starts Saturday at 4:45 PM

Jul 13 2019 CRA and Southwest Sprint Cars at Perris Auto Speedway Streaming starts Saturday at 3:30 PM

Jul 13 2019 CRA Sprint Cars at Perris Auto Speedway Streaming starts Saturday at 2:30 PM

Jul 14 2019 USAC Midgets at Sweet Springs Motorsports Complex
Streaming starts Sunday at 2:30 PM
Last edited by nonwingkingofkali; 7/9/19 at 9:54 AM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/9/19, 10:11 AM   #2
Re: Last Floracing Post, I give up.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Do you have a HDMI cable that you can run to your TV from your computer? That's pretty much how I watch em all as I can't get the app to work on my TV. I can get LucasOil's to work.

Just wondering.
Chuck

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
7/9/19, 10:29 AM   #3
nonwingkingofkali

Chuck, my ROKU streams perfectly, that is not my problem. Knowing when to tune in for a race is. When I bought this ROKU there was a month of upcoming races listed, now they list the race the morning of the event. And it lists the start time as 1:30pm. So It was suggested I go to the website, it lists a bunch of upcoming races, not one has the right start time. Did you see the list I copied from the website for the next week of racing? Not one of them can possibly be correct. How freaking hard could it possibly be to get this right. I can find a 10 year old that can copy a list of races and start times to a web page. Floracing has become a joke. And yes I can crawl under my desk in my office, disconnect 8 wires from my computer, and 4 wires from my router, and drag my computer, my keyboard, my mouse and my router into my living room and hook it all back up with an HDMI to my TV. To avoid all of that I bought a ROKU. That's not the point, they sold everyone on Apple TV and ROKU to use their service, thank God I didn't buy a ROKU TV to do this with instead of a ROKU box which was $100.00. And they cant even get a list of upcoming races with start times on any of the devices right so I know when to watch, including their own web page.
What say you Kirk Spridgeon?
Last edited by nonwingkingofkali; 7/9/19 at 10:33 AM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
7/9/19, 11:12 AM   #4
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingkingofkali View Post
Chuck, my ROKU streams perfectly, that is not my problem. Knowing when to tune in for a race is. When I bought this ROKU there was a month of upcoming races listed, now they list the race the morning of the event. And it lists the start time as 1:30pm. So It was suggested I go to the website, it lists a bunch of upcoming races, not one has the right start time. Did you see the list I copied from the website for the next week of racing? Not one of them can possibly be correct. How freaking hard could it possibly be to get this right. I can find a 10 year old that can copy a list of races and start times to a web page. Floracing has become a joke. And yes I can crawl under my desk in my office, disconnect 8 wires from my computer, and 4 wires from my router, and drag my computer, my keyboard, my mouse and my router into my living room and hook it all back up with an HDMI to my TV. To avoid all of that I bought a ROKU. That's not the point, they sold everyone on Apple TV and ROKU to use their service, thank God I didn't buy a ROKU TV to do this with instead of a ROKU box which was $100.00. And they cant even get a list of upcoming races with start times on any of the devices right so I know when to watch, including their own web page.
What say you Kirk Spridgeon?
The event times have always been hit and miss. To the point lately that I've even wondered what time zone their using, when looking on the website. Like you, the streams have always been high quality for me. Even when I was in Europe, watching in the middle of the night. The only way I've adapted to the time question is since the wheel packing starts around 6 in most USAC events, I tune in at that time, adjusted to whatever the time zone that event is in. Sometimes that works, sometimes I get the minutes or hours and minutes countdown on the screen. And the Roku app used to have all the upcoming events listed out. But, not anymore. Currently, Red Dirt Raceway is the only one I have listed. And I'd be willing to bet they're not going to go live at 4:30 PM, like it says. I've seen a lot of great racing, especially some West Coast stuff that I wouldn't otherwise get to see. But the scheduling/event times thing is something they really need to work on.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/9/19, 11:17 AM   #5
nonwingkingofkalifornia

Its become a joke. A 10 year old can copy a list of events with start times to a web page. Apparently they only hired a nine year old. Crickets from whoever is in charge of this.

7/9/19, 12:24 PM   #6
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingkingofkalifornia View Post
Its become a joke. A 10 year old can copy a list of events with start times to a web page. Apparently they only hired a nine year old. Crickets from whoever is in charge of this.
You seem to resort to name calling, quickly. That's what I was trying to get at and say nicely on the other thread. There are ways of making your point and even making your point strongly, without doing that. We're all here for the same reason. Because we love racing. We disagree on some things and this forum was made to be a place for lively debate about racing. But the name calling will not be tolerated.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/9/19 at 12:29 PM.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, tirespinner, TNRustler, Will Shunk
7/9/19, 1:09 PM   #7
nonwingkingofkali

I have called nobody any names. it isn't rocket science to update a webpage. I have owned more than one in the past 25 years. It doesn't even require any HTML skills anymore. USAC sends a list of race dates with start times to Floracing, and someone updates the page. How can they possibly not get one start time right out of all of these? Its ridiculous.

Cut and pasted off of Floracings page.

Jul 9

2019 USAC Midgets at Red Dirt Raceway

Streaming starts Tuesday at 1:30 PM

Jul 10

2019 USAC Midgets at Concordia High Banks

Streaming starts Wednesday at 2:30 PM

Watch on FloRacing
Jul 12-13

2019 USAC Midgets at Jefferson County Speedway

Streaming starts Friday at 2:30 PM

Watch on FloRacing
Jul 13

2019 Weekly Points Race Rogers County Night | Port City Raceway

Streaming starts Saturday at 4:45 PM

Watch on FloRacing
Jul 13

2019 CRA and Southwest Sprint Cars at Perris Auto Speedway

Streaming starts Saturday at 3:30 PM

Watch on FloRacing
Jul 13

2019 CRA Sprint Cars at Perris Auto Speedway

Streaming starts Saturday at 2:30 PM

Watch on FloRacing
Jul 14

2019 USAC Midgets at Sweet Springs Motorsports Complex

Streaming starts Sunday at 2:30 PM
Last edited by nonwingkingofkali; 7/9/19 at 1:11 PM.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
7/9/19, 1:55 PM   #8
ThePurple73

Kali,

If you have a computer with windows 10, and a fairly new TV. You can open Microsoft EDGE(your browser) and go to the three dots on the upper right, click on it and choose "cast media to device". This allows what ever is on your computer to be shown on TV. It makes your TV a monitor. No HDMI cable needed. When you get to "cast media to device it will list what you can connect to, such as your TV, roku. When you want to disconnect go back to "Cast media to device" and choose the device you are connected to and choose DISCONNECT.

When you list the devices in Cast Media to Device it may show your roku, you can connect to it. You would have to choose the correct line input you have the roku hooked up to. You wouldn't use the flo app. It just displays whats on your computer. Disconnect when done, just as if you would have chose the TV model.

It works great no wires to trip over.

7/9/19, 5:53 PM   #9

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

you may just have to check the track website .In just a few clicks on red dirt raceway website I see gates open at 5 qualifying at seven racing 730. all central. sounds like 6 indeed would be a good guess at hotlaps and a good time to tune in.

2 members like this post: nonwingkingofkalifornia, tirespinner
7/9/19, 6:35 PM   #10
racefan20

Turned on the stream and it says streaming begins at 7:30 EDT

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: nonwingkingofkalifornia, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Last Floracing Post, I give up.