IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IRACING sprint cars.....
4/4/17, 12:41 PM   #11
Re: IRACING sprint cars.....
chathamracefan

If you go to iracing.com, they have the required specs on their website.

4/4/17, 12:47 PM   #12
drummerJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbaldwin View Post
Staggerman I don't know much about computers either but Iracing had this article on twitter for your question.
https://racingnews.co/2017/03/30/wha...-play-iracing/
That article is a little off. You DO NOT need a $1200 pc, no where close. I started last July using a $400 machine I built. I had to run most things on low-medium settings but it worked. Not sure how well it'd look with dirt though. My current PC runs 100FPS with almost everything on high. And I could build it again right now for $800ish depending on sales. Any modern day machine will run iRacing. The two most important things will be CPU and graphics card.

You will always save money building your own over buying a prebuilt one. As for how much it'd cost for a pc, all depends on how pretty you want the game to look.

4/4/17, 1:23 PM   #13
chase2raudman

Race Count This Year: 5

I know people that play on laptops, you don't need a high dollar PC.

4/4/17, 4:26 PM   #14
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

A little green here,could someone explain about the various controlers that can be used. Thank you

4/4/17, 6:37 PM   #15
dirtracer74

They also have stock cars, and dirt legends, plus nascar trucks for the dirt. 10 total dedicated dirt cars. 3 tracks completed, and they are working on more. I have never tried Iracing, but I sure would like to now. Just scared of the cost is all. I am sure 300 to 400 just for a mid grade wheel and pedal set up. Plus subscription, and other expenses. I know beyond the basic package, you have to buy different cars and tracks. Looks like it could be an easy 500 just to get started. Just depends what you want for a controller.

4/4/17, 9:24 PM   #16
drummerJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
A little green here,could someone explain about the various controlers that can be used. Thank you
Any pc compatible controller would work, techincally you can drive with keyboard and mouse but I highly discourage that. I started off using a Xbox 360 controller for about a week till I upgraded to a wheel. As for wheel, see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer74 View Post
They also have stock cars, and dirt legends, plus nascar trucks for the dirt. 10 total dedicated dirt cars. 3 tracks completed, and they are working on more. I have never tried Iracing, but I sure would like to now. Just scared of the cost is all. I am sure 300 to 400 just for a mid grade wheel and pedal set up. Plus subscription, and other expenses. I know beyond the basic package, you have to buy different cars and tracks. Looks like it could be an easy 500 just to get started. Just depends what you want for a controller.
If all you want is to try dirt, the initial cost really isn't bad if you jump on it now. Every member gets the dirt street stock and dirt legend for free along with a dirt version of USA Speedway (Which used to be in Lakeland Florida as a pavement track but as since been demolished). New members get 40% off membership, so 1 month for $7.80(renews @13) a year for $66 (renews @ $110). They sometimes have discounts for current members, last one was in November at 1 year for $75.

As for cost of dirt content it's $11.95 per track (Eldora, Williams Grove and Volusia=$35.85) and $11.95 for each of the winged sprint (which includes a 305, 360 & 410 versions) and $11.95 for the Late Model (which includes a Limited, Pro and Super Late). So for a total of $59.75 you can have all the dirt content without the cost of the subscription.

As for controllers I'd highly recommend a Logitech Driving Force GT. That's what most people started with and they can be found for $60-$80 used. If you want to go alittle nicer on the wheel go the Logitech G25 or G27 or G29. They are all pretty much the same just newer models. All three of those include a clutch pedal and a 6 Speed W/reverse H shifter. If you have a capable pc there really is no reason to spend more then a couple hundred to get started. Now if you want to start racing the pavement stuff...that can get pricey quick. As there are alot more tracks and cars to buy on the pavement side.

4/4/17, 9:41 PM   #17
trackprep

Race Count This Year: 53

Will Iracing let me bring in a cooler and can I put a blanket down? Lol

3 members like this post: JCC, mc/rider, nathans1012
4/5/17, 8:06 AM   #18
RyanKentJr

World of Outlaws has a great promo going on. 3 months for $4.78 for new members only. http://www.iracing.com/worldofoutlaws/

It's a blast to drive.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IRACING sprint cars.....