IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo
5/28/23, 10:27 PM   #11
Moreland76

Slide job cccciiiittttyyyy between Rogers and Adams. Adams new leader with 6 to go.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, tirespinner
5/28/23, 10:35 PM   #12
Moreland76

Adams wins followed by Rogers,Hoyer all blasting the top. Burns works the bottom for fourth with the Weir rounding out the top five. I hope someone taped the slidejobs cause I can’t verbalize how insane that was. I got my money’s worth and more. Have a great Memorial Day and give thanks for the sacrifices of many.

5/28/23, 11:10 PM   #13
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
Very good crowd. Track is ripe for someone to run the high side and win. Not many gunners here tonight. Jadon rogers and Scotty weir have a good shot
Congrats to max Adams. That was a typical Kokomo track. Good show with none of your typical USAC regulars.
Last edited by reeserx; 5/29/23 at 12:15 AM.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, oppweld, rapid robert, tirespinner
5/29/23, 12:28 AM   #14
Re: Kokomo
racefan20

Rogers from the front row built a huge lead until a yellow around halfway. That got the lapped cars out of the way and brought Adams to Rogers bumper. A For about 4-5 laps there were some monster slidejobs between them and finally Adams got him for good and pulled away. I was thinking Weir got past Burns on the last lap for 4 th.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/29/23, 9:28 AM   #15
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Rogers from the front row built a huge lead until a yellow around halfway. That got the lapped cars out of the way and brought Adams to Rogers bumper. A For about 4-5 laps there were some monster slidejobs between them and finally Adams got him for good and pulled away. I was thinking Weir got past Burns on the last lap for 4 th.
Easily the best race of the year that I went to. That's the best I ever seen Max Adams race.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, CRA91, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, tirespinner
5/29/23, 1:31 PM   #16
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolph View Post
Easily the best race of the year that I went to. That's the best I ever seen Max Adams race.
Max is a very talented driver and does it on a pretty tight budget.
Congrats my friend,I'll see you at the track somewhere.Go get some more wins!!

5/30/23, 3:11 PM   #17
kb78

We left Florence and towed the camper to Kokomo which is my favorite track hands down. I had hoped to see some more of the National guys there on a day off but we got a heck of a show from the cars that were there, some notes.

I had Adams, Rogers and Scotty Weir pegged as the guys to beat. Weir faded in the 2B but the other two were the class. Rogers got out front early and was able to run and hide, without that caution I doubt Adams catches him. The sliderfest that ensued after the caution was worth the price of admission, I thought both guys did a great job. Great racing throughout the field all the way through.

I don't go for support divisions but I appreciate when they put on a good show and I also appreciate not having down time, good racing all night in all divisions I thought.

One of the reasons I don't like downtime is that after awhile I get tired of hearing the announcers talk, especially when they are just talking to hear themselves talk. I will be so glad when Paul Hazen gets into the Hall of Fame this weekend, not because he deserves it, which he does, but because I am so sick of having to hear it every time the 57 car gets on the track there. Jesus! I get it!! You think Paul Hazen should be in the Hall of Fame, I don't need to hear it seven times a night, state your case and move on.

One other thing that annoyed me is that they announced on-line hot laps at 6:30 and racing at 7:30. But hot laps didn't start till 7:00 and when they did they had some timing and scoring bugs that they never did get worked out. All of this is splitting hairs but when you are already sick of hearing the guys on the mic yammer on another half an hour feels like an eternity. Still my favorite track though.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
5/30/23, 9:35 PM   #18
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
We left Florence and towed the camper to Kokomo which is my favorite track hands down. I had hoped to see some more of the National guys there on a day off but we got a heck of a show from the cars that were there, some notes.

I had Adams, Rogers and Scotty Weir pegged as the guys to beat. Weir faded in the 2B but the other two were the class. Rogers got out front early and was able to run and hide, without that caution I doubt Adams catches him. The sliderfest that ensued after the caution was worth the price of admission, I thought both guys did a great job. Great racing throughout the field all the way through.

I don't go for support divisions but I appreciate when they put on a good show and I also appreciate not having down time, good racing all night in all divisions I thought.

One of the reasons I don't like downtime is that after awhile I get tired of hearing the announcers talk, especially when they are just talking to hear themselves talk. I will be so glad when Paul Hazen gets into the Hall of Fame this weekend, not because he deserves it, which he does, but because I am so sick of having to hear it every time the 57 car gets on the track there. Jesus! I get it!! You think Paul Hazen should be in the Hall of Fame, I don't need to hear it seven times a night, state your case and move on.

One other thing that annoyed me is that they announced on-line hot laps at 6:30 and racing at 7:30. But hot laps didn't start till 7:00 and when they did they had some timing and scoring bugs that they never did get worked out. All of this is splitting hairs but when you are already sick of hearing the guys on the mic yammer on another half an hour feels like an eternity. Still my favorite track though.
Better watch out,you're critizing Indiana's baddest bullring,peeps will burn you at the cross for this.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

5/30/23, 9:45 PM   #19
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

5/30/23, 10:22 PM   #20
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief wahoo View Post
😂

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97