IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park is racing TODAY! SUNDAY April 2nd!
4/2/23, 9:18 AM   #1
Lincoln Park is racing TODAY! SUNDAY April 2nd!
Lincoln Park Speedway

It's RACE DAY! Let's get the season started!
Sprints! Every sprint runs a feature!
Modifieds! Super Stocks! Bombers!
Pit Gate will open at Noon
Pit Admission $35/10 and under free with proof of age
Main Gate will open at 1pm
General Admission $20/10 and under free with proof of age
Hot Laps 2pm
Racing at 3pm

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
4/2/23, 2:02 PM   #2
flagboy55

Looks like it’s going to be a nice day at the track in beautiful downtown Putnamville. If anyone is so inclined I’m sure some of us would appreciate some basic updates. Thanks and enjoy the show

1 member likes this post: Eatin Dirt
4/2/23, 2:18 PM   #3
cmiracingvids

I’ll do some simple updates. It’s pretty nice out. A little chilly, but the sun is shining. Pretty good crowd already for a makeshift Sunday day race.
I’ll wait for car counts and keep you posted.

Wow. 43 sprints checked in!
Notables:
Logan Seavy
CJ Leary
KTJ
Jake Swanson
T-Mez (2E)
Jadon Rodgers

Unfortunately, track has just only been wheel packed and already has a black groove in turns one and two. It’s so incredibly dry. I guess I can’t blame them, it was 32 degrees last night. Also. It’s now 3pm and zero hot laps have taken place.

The first hot lap session just happened. I think. I couldn’t see a thing. It’s 3:35.

If you’re gonna do a day show…plan accordingly. The track is an F-.

Edit: 5:05. Going to requalify 1st group of sprints. Then! Maybe then! Heat race time.
Last edited by cmiracingvids; 4/2/23 at 5:06 PM.

4/2/23, 2:55 PM   #4
Re: Lincoln Park is racing TODAY! SUNDAY April 2nd!
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
I’ll do some simple updates. It’s pretty nice out. A little chilly, but the sun is shining. Pretty good crowd already for a makeshift Sunday day race.

Add one more. According to My Race Pass 44 now checked in plus 18 UMP Modifieds, 22 Super Stocks, & 11 Bombers.

4/2/23, 5:40 PM   #5
cmiracingvids

Swanson, Burns and Mihako top 3 of heat 1.

Seavy, Brandon Spencer and Jesse Vermillion top 3 of heat 2.

Brayden Fox, Tim Creech and Hunter Maddox top 3 of heat 3. Maddox went to the tail after a lap 2 incident and drove back to last corner of last lap pass for the transfer.

T-Mez! McMillian and Rosswum top 3 of heat 4. If you know, you know. T-Mez went from the tail after a mishap, and drove to 1st in 2 laps. Just hustlin it on the top. That was fun!

Leary, KTJ and Barksdale top 3 of heat 5.

All the rest go to the b mains.

Mattox, Thomas and Gilbert from first B make it to the A.

Leary, Mihocko, Swanson. Top 3 of feature.
Last edited by cmiracingvids; 4/2/23 at 9:37 PM.

4/2/23, 7:40 PM   #6
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post

Notables:
Logan Seavy
CJ Leary
KTJ
Jake Swanson
T-Mez (2E)
Jadon Rodgers

Unfortunately, track has just only been wheel packed and already has a black groove in turns one and two. It’s so incredibly dry. I guess I can’t blame them, it was 32 degrees last night. Also. It’s now 3pm and zero hot laps have taken place.

The first hot lap session just happened. I think. I couldn’t see a thing. It’s 3:35.

If you’re gonna do a day show…plan accordingly. The track is an F-.

Edit: 5:05. Going to requalify 1st group of sprints. Then! Maybe then! Heat race time.

I pulled into the parking lot at 3pm. Had every intention of paying and attending. Saw a couple sprint cars make a few laps. Pulled off. Heard the announcement about MyRacePass not working correctly. About 3:35, saw one group of hot laps or qualifying, then the water truck came back out. I decided to leave. I guess race fans should expect this for a day race or first race of the year. Doesn't make it right. As cmi says, track should plan accordingly.

4 members like this post: cornerthree, dkdorkboy, PIT CART, tirespinner
4/2/23, 10:03 PM   #7
RacinBabe

We had to leave after 1st sprint B. Starting 2 1/2 hours late wasn’t anticipated. Poor track conditions contributed to the lateness. Just wondering what time they finally finished.

4 members like this post: cornerthree, Grocery Guy, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
4/2/23, 10:46 PM   #8
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinBabe View Post
We had to leave after 1st sprint B. Starting 2 1/2 hours late wasn’t anticipated. Poor track conditions contributed to the lateness. Just wondering what time they finally finished.
9:10 for the 1st Sprint car feature was over with. It'll be the last time me and my friends ever go to a daytime race there. A total **** show! The Sprint car feature wasn't half bad.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Grocery Guy, oppweld, tirespinner
4/3/23, 12:35 AM   #9
tirespinner

Heats didn’t start till 530 then took 1 hour to run 5 heats and 500 laps water truck laps. Guess they had people’s money they don’t care about them!

4/3/23, 1:06 AM   #10
Damingexcavating

I really wish you keyboard warriors knew how much money it takes to run a sprint car for one show.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park is racing TODAY! SUNDAY April 2nd!