IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini Sprinters want to get together for karting?
11/6/11, 10:47 PM   #1
Mini Sprinters want to get together for karting?
motorsportspr

I wanted to see how many mini sprint / lightning sprint guys in the area (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky) might want to get together sometime in the next month and go karting at the new Full Throttle Karting facility in Cincinnati, Ohio. We have been down several times and it has been a blast. First class facility with an excellent track layout.

I am going to try to use the schedule feature on Facebook to put it together. If you go to my Facebook page and click the 'LIKE THIS' words in the left hand column, I will be able to post information and send you an invitation once we put it together.

CLICK HERE to go to the FACEBOOK PAGE.

11/8/11, 8:24 AM   #2
Re: Mini Sprinters want to get together for kartin
motorsportspr

Here is a link to video of the track:

11/8/11, 11:53 AM   #3
Jim Gardner

Sounds awesome I would try my best to make it.

11/10/11, 9:34 AM   #4
DAD

Last time I tried that was a "Steve Johnsons" up in Indy after a Dome race. They had what they called a fat man Kart set up and geared for us special kind of people. I was beating "Tony Stewart" for the first four laps of the race, he just couldn't get around me. Then they blacked flaged me for "RED FACE" flagman said it looked like I was going to have a heart attack. I think Adam Stiles later spun "Tony" and went on to win the race. (True Story)

If they ever invent a "fat man kart with oxygen" I may think about coming out of retirement again.

11/10/11, 11:26 PM   #5
Bad Dad 54

Where Johansen place at in Indy?

11/11/11, 9:52 AM   #6
DAD

That's right. Steve Johnson the F-1 guy in Indy. I guess he made the indoor kart Idea work first. Back in the 90's it was a hot spot, we would go to the Dome race Saturday, then on Sunday we took the kids to Steve's place before going home. A lot of the younger USAC drivers kinda of hung out there and raced each other and the clock back then. Tony was there that day and turned me on to the "fat man" kart. "If" I would have had more wind I would have won that race and had the bragging rights but, I guess I really scared that flag man because that is why he black flagged me and come to think of it I thought I was having a heart attack too.

11/12/11, 9:11 AM   #7
motorsportspr

For those of you locally that expressed an interest in getting together to go karting, I am going to throw out a couple of dates that might work. Both are Sundays and we would shoot for 2:00 p.m. Either Sunday December 4th or Sunday December 18th. Comment and let us know what works best for you. We will announce the date within the next week. It will be at Full Throttle Karting (www.cincykarting.com). If we get more than 8 people, there is a discount. Tried to check and make sure there were no tradeshows, banquets, etc. going on that day.

I will post details on our Facebook page...FACEBOOK PAGE CLICK HERE

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini Sprinters want to get together for karting?