IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
banana cognac (Offline)
  #1 7/10/14 12:16 PM
Heading to Kokomo for the first time this saturday for Round 2 of Indiana Sprint Week. It will be my first time there and was looking for some advice.

Any specific place to sit better than others?

The gates open at 2 but hot laps aren't until 6, what time's good to show up?

Anything in particular I should make sure to do when I'm there for the day?

I'm coming in Friday from NY and heading to Eldora with my brother and into Indiana on Saturday. I'm pretty fired up
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 7/10/14 12:28 PM
Id say be there before four for a decent seat, You'll be near the bottom any later. There are also grandstand in turn four but thats a separate gate. Pit admission is only 5 more and people come and go in that grandstand its in turn two.

Have fun.

Charles Nungester
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #3 7/10/14 1:21 PM
Originally Posted by banana cognac:
Heading to Kokomo for the first time this saturday for Round 2 of Indiana Sprint Week. It will be my first time there and was looking for some advice.

Any specific place to sit better than others?

The gates open at 2 but hot laps aren't until 6, what time's good to show up?

Anything in particular I should make sure to do when I'm there for the day?

I'm coming in Friday from NY and heading to Eldora with my brother and into Indiana on Saturday. I'm pretty fired up
I would get there by 4 at least. It should get you into the top half of the front stretch bleachers. There are also bleachers on the back stretch and either location will give you a great shot of the action. A pitpass will get you into the pits and they have separate seating in turn 2 for you. No matter where you sit, the action will be hot and heavy for sure.

I would highly recommend walking through the parking lot and visiting with the campers there. Many, many IOW regulars will be there and be happy to share stories (many of which probably aren't true) but none the less an entertaining time. Enjoy your trip and the experience.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
5 Likes: i love dirt track racing, I Miss Manzy, K9Racer, mowerman, SHORTBUS
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #4 7/10/14 2:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
.......... stories (many of which probably aren't true)
Oh, Mike! Please say it isn't so ......
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #5 7/10/14 2:16 PM
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan:
Oh, Mike! Please say it isn't so ......
Oh Steve, they are all true..............................TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #6 7/10/14 9:46 PM
I prefer turn 4 of the main grandstands myself, just a heads up though you if you don't like getting hit with mud clobs don't sit there. Also make sure you have a pair of safety glasses for that end of the stands.
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #7 7/10/14 10:51 PM
You have to stop in at the Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery on the south end of Kokomo just south of Lowes.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & brewery
www.joshspencer.com and on Facebook @ Spencer racing
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, EBookerFan, erich45, flatout18, i love dirt track racing, Josh Spencer, racenut69
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #8 7/11/14 10:06 AM
If you want to pick up a Dave Darland book, the signing is from 3-4.

Frank Daigh
2 Likes: EBookerFan, I Miss Manzy
BigWheel7 (Offline)
  #9 7/11/14 5:03 PM
I am going to jump on this a little instead of making my own thread. If I won't be able to make it until a little after 6 because of work, what is the seating going to look like?
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #10 7/11/14 7:10 PM
Originally Posted by BigWheel7:
I am going to jump on this a little instead of making my own thread. If I won't be able to make it until a little after 6 because of work, what is the seating going to look like?
I wouldn't expect to find a seat much higher then half way up the stands.