IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #1 12/9/22 2:56 PM
What is the month of the magazine that says it’s the last one?

Ron Miller
TQ97 (Offline)
  #2 12/9/22 3:05 PM
TQ97 (Offline)
  #3 12/9/22 3:06 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
What is the month of the magazine that says it’s the last one?
December 2022 with Bobby East on the cover.
2 Likes: ronmil, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 12/9/22 3:36 PM
I don’t believe I’ve received mine yet. How long ago did it come out?

Ron Miller
tirespinner (Offline)
  #5 12/9/22 4:01 PM
Just got mine yesterday in Ohio.
JackSam40 (Offline)
  #6 12/9/22 5:25 PM
Got mine Wed in Kentucky. Don't usually get it til later in the month.
JHarris (Offline)
  #7 12/9/22 6:10 PM
Came yesterday
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #8 12/9/22 7:20 PM
The month is December 2022. The article about this being the last magazine is on page 7 of the Speed Sport side. It's titled "A New Era For Speed Sport". End of the print era and going to a new weekly e-newspaper. Should be interesting.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #9 12/10/22 10:17 AM
I hate that the print version is going away, but I understand why. I bet less than 20% of the people on this board subscribe. In the next to the last issue, it only had 8 ads. Hard to keep a business alive like that. While the internet is great for instant results, it sometimes is also great for false information. While tire shortage has been a hot topic on here, Dave Argabright went to the heads of the tire companies and their version is totally different than what we as fans see. In the next to the last issue Ken Schrader said basically the same thing. I like differing opinions, but it has always been nice to have the facts also available. Will have to find something to replace it in my bathroom magazine rack. I will miss the quality of writing, and the wonderful photography. Thanks to everyone involved for the hard work.
12 Likes: addictedtodirt, Danny Burton, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, Sandy Lowe, TBONE, tirespinner, TQ29m
revjimk (Offline)
  #10 12/10/22 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I hate that the print version is going away, but I understand why. I bet less than 20% of the people on this board subscribe. In the next to the last issue, it only had 8 ads. Hard to keep a business alive like that. While the internet is great for instant results, it sometimes is also great for false information. While tire shortage has been a hot topic on here, Dave Argabright went to the heads of the tire companies and their version is totally different than what we as fans see. In the next to the last issue Ken Schrader said basically the same thing. I like differing opinions, but it has always been nice to have the facts also available. Will have to find something to replace it in my bathroom magazine rack. I will miss the quality of writing, and the wonderful photography. Thanks to everyone involved for the hard work.
I totally agree...
"Will have to find something to replace it in my bathroom magazine rack"... BINGO