IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow read this race of champions
1/11/09, 3:32 PM   #31
Re: Wow read this race of champions
micro94

I see no one else has responded so I really truly want to apologize for what I said.I had no right saying that about anyone and Im sorry.Just because Im not a fan doesnt mean some of the rest of you arent and I understand that.I really enjoy posting and hearing from people on here and saying what I did was not only harsh but uncalled for.I hope you guys accept my appology.In future posts I will try to do better to not bring any harm or hard feelings to this board.Thanks.

1/11/09, 4:01 PM   #32
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro94 View Post
I see no one else has responded so I really truly want to apologize for what I said.I had no right saying that about anyone and Im sorry.Just because Im not a fan doesnt mean some of the rest of you arent and I understand that.I really enjoy posting and hearing from people on here and saying what I did was not only harsh but uncalled for.I hope you guys accept my appology.In future posts I will try to do better to not bring any harm or hard feelings to this board.Thanks.
nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, but you can get your point across with out a personal attack at someone and in hindsight i'm sure you wish you had.
as fan's you know how we stick up for our own . i'm good with your followup response to your post:thumb

anyone who straps in or has strapped in has my respect!:respect:

1/11/09, 8:25 PM   #33
Midget82

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro94 View Post
Sorry to get everyones patties in a bunch here.Im not saying he was never good Im just not a fan.Everyone has there days and at some point there days start winding down.I was at the little 500 last year and he put on a hell of a drive.I actually think he would have won if he wouldnt have burnt his tires up getting to cottle.Let him go put on a show at the chili bowl he has a right just like the other 292 drivers.Im just saying I personally wont be pulling for him.And Im sorry for the comment it was wrong.Ill keep my opinion to myself from now on.
I've been a fan of Tony ever since I can remember, and over the years we became friends... To comment on "his days winding down"... He can still drive the hell out of anything he gets behind the wheel of, including golf carts :O:, but a couple years ago he decided to take a step back from racing and run a very limited schedule and I totally respect him for that and greatly enjoy seeing him at the special events he chooses to run. Apparently you've never actually talked to him because he's very personable and extremely fan-friendly.

As far as the '08 Little 500, Tony actually dropped a cylinder with like 20 laps to go (the reason for the smoke), held on to second place and completed all 500 laps. That proves to me that he can still drive! :respect:...

...but as Rube points out he can't qualify at Gas City :O:

I find it very hard not to pull for a guy like Tony, who over the years has had good luck and bad luck, driven bad-ass top of the line cars and dime-and-nickle sh!tboxes, won championships and finished dead last...

Anyway, not bashing you (micro94), just stating my opinion. :checkered:

1/12/09, 1:23 PM   #34
onthcushin

Micro94 and Littlerube:thumbsdown:How many races or features around the world have you to won:confused:Yes Tony's has had his days but I would say it's been many years of winning.:checkered:About what happened at Gas City if you notice the left wheel hiked up and got over on the right front that's all in the setup. You two could not carry his helmet bag if you had to:loser: So go run your mouth about somebody else that you know nothing about:applaud:Thanks Kirk for your words.

Roger Brandon

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow read this race of champions