IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Faccinto
1/15/20, 8:23 PM   #1
Faccinto
revjimk

So what did Michael Faccinto say at Chili Bowl that made his team pull him out?

I was watching on RB, but totally missed that part....

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/15/20, 8:34 PM   #2
Re: Faccinto
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
So what did Michael Faccinto say at Chili Bowl that made his team pull him out?

I was watching on RB, but totally missed that part....
He said the "N" word in the post race interview. Just not a good thing to do. Especially when you need funding from sponsors to do what you do. And according to the statement the RB announcer read, the sponsor pulled out.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1/15/20, 10:11 PM   #3
okie

Oh did he say NASCAR.

5 members like this post: FEATHERDUSTER, motorhead748, RockinRy, rockstar5, tirespinner
1/15/20, 10:34 PM   #4
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
He said the "N" word in the post race interview. Just not a good thing to do. Especially when you need funding from sponsors to do what you do. And according to the statement the RB announcer read, the sponsor pulled out.

Jerry
How? It just seems pretty unbelievable that this word was part of a post race interview.

2 members like this post: RockinRy, tirespinner
1/15/20, 10:50 PM   #5
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I am solely transcribing this, and I will never condone the use of the word for any purpose.

Faccinto said "We were up to fifth or sixth there, and then Alex Bright ni**ered us pretty bad"

His sponsor was totally justified in yanking him from the Saturday night portion of the event.

1/15/20, 10:53 PM   #6
Jonr

Thanks for the response. What a stupid thing to say. Even in the heat of the moment that is a stupid thing to say. He deserved to lose his ride.

5 members like this post: Bostonian, dirtnonwingfan, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, tirespinner
1/15/20, 11:06 PM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
I am solely transcribing this, and I will never condone the use of the word for any purpose.

Faccinto said "We were up to fifth or sixth there, and then Alex Bright ni**ered us pretty bad"

His sponsor was totally justified in yanking him from the Saturday night portion of the event.
Thanks for the update. Unbelievable... out of all the words he could have used, he had to pick that one? Stoooo-pid

5 members like this post: Bostonian, dirtnonwingfan, oppweld, RadRacer, tirespinner
1/16/20, 1:46 AM   #8
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I was watching at home wondering if I really heard it, I've never heard anything like it at a racing event.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/16/20, 4:37 AM   #9
flagboy55

There is a lot of times nowadays that I think folks are too thin skinned. Some of the stuff that offends people have me asking, if that’s all you have to worry about, then you must have too much time on your hands. However this was a extremely bad choice of words, and completely inappropriate. I read the apology from Faccinto and I believe it’s sincere. On this stage, you would sure think he would learn his lesson.

1/16/20, 6:46 AM   #10
LocalYokel

Did he make the statement during the post race interview or was it right after he got out of the car? His statement in particular is obviously never acceptable.
However, I really dont like that the on track reporters seem to just chase down drivers the moment they step out of the car. I dont understand why the reporters literally have on track access. They are not needed on the actual racing surface at all. Its also another person on the track to potentially get hurt. Sometimes after contact a driver is not going to have all of their wits about them and may say something they later wish they didnt.
Trey Marcham (i believe) obviously didn't want to talk to the reporter. He tried to avoid him twice, but the guy just kept at it.
Last edited by LocalYokel; 1/16/20 at 6:48 AM.

6 members like this post: luckybuc97, PJ Wright, skids59, sprint72, tirespinner, trannyman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Faccinto