IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #1 4/18/19 3:46 PM
There was an extensive thread last week about seating at Bloomington, but I saw no mention of the lack of signage along the inside guardrail on the front stretch. I have never been there when there wasn't advertising along the inner guardrail.
Did anyone else notice this? It seems they would want to continue that revenue stream, and I can't think of a practical reason they would remove them. They didn't detract from viewing the races.

Ron Miller
racefan20 (Offline)
  #2 4/18/19 4:35 PM
Ron my guess is the money for the former signs went to the former leasee. Since this seemed to be a relatively last minute decision for USAC to take the remaining lease there probably wasnt time to get out and sell those spaces yet

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, jim goerge, ronmil
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #3 4/18/19 4:47 PM
With the limited schedule there, I doubt cost effective to sell, print, banners etc. I also noted the lack of Modified cars.
wildman92 (Offline)
  #4 4/18/19 6:22 PM
There was a an electronic board in the in field announcing sponsors. At first I thought it was the board USAC usually used to show qualifying times but it was scrolling the names of sponsors.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
5 Likes: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ronmil, Rpracing1
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #5 4/18/19 9:24 PM
I also noted the lack of Modified cars.[/QUOTE]

Bob,yes the lack of Modifieds was very obvious.
From what I've learned,the previous administration chose not to have a Awards/Banquet for 2018,which rightfully upset alot of participants.
I don't blame any of them for being upset,I couldn't agree more.
Honestly with the new administration in place it's already better,just remember everything takes time.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, MKTQ17, ronmil, Rpracing1, wildman92
campingman (Offline)
  #6 4/19/19 9:24 AM
I personally see a lack of modified as a positive
2 Likes: Bill May, RockinRy
campingman (Offline)
  #7 4/19/19 9:26 AM
I personally see a lack of modifieds as a positive
ronmil (Offline)
  #8 4/19/19 2:27 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
There was a an electronic board in the in field announcing sponsors. At first I thought it was the board USAC usually used to show qualifying times but it was scrolling the names of sponsors.
From where I sit in the first turn the electronic sign is difficult to view. Thanks for the info.

Ron Miller