IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If N.Vernon would rain out
6/11/09, 8:25 AM   #11
Re: If N.Vernon would rain out
Andrew S. Quinn

Either one is fine,Jeff. Just depends on how far you want to drive,and if you want to see midgets or non wing sprintcars.

6/11/09, 9:18 AM   #12
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Is that a track that calls early, or are they liable to try to get it in? The weather map doesn't look all that bad.

6/11/09, 9:20 AM   #13
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
Is that a track that calls early, or are they liable to try to get it in? The weather map doesn't look all that bad.
All I can tell you is we had a lot of rain roll thru this area in the last 24-36 hours.

6/11/09, 9:27 AM   #14
paynter23

Would you describe a cesspool??? I have raced at both recently this year and can tell you that macon provides better and closer racing, and has better facilities than Jacksonville. Plus track prep? Macon is far ahead of J-Ville in that department. Food is better too.

6/11/09, 9:29 AM   #15
racer-x

I drove to Edenburgh this morning about (30 min north of north Vernon) and the fields have alot of water in them..I just checked the weather and they said scattered showers,hi winds and hail this afternoon!! I just hope they cancel early if it is to wet there tonight!

6/11/09, 9:49 AM   #16
Brian Henderson

I live 15 minutes from the track and have got 4.5" of rain in the last 24 hours.......

6/11/09, 10:16 AM   #17
Bob Hayden

If it gets rained out where would it be posted? I can't find a web site for NV. Thanks.

6/11/09, 10:18 AM   #18
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hayden View Post
If it gets rained out where would it be posted? I can't find a web site for NV. Thanks.
http://www.twincitiesracing.net/

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post:
6/11/09, 10:50 AM   #19
BrentTFunk

Jeff, Macon is one of my favorite tracks, but nascar night will scare me off. It has been a while since I have been to Jacksonville. I liked it too, and it seems like their staff really tries.

6/11/09, 11:54 AM   #20
Pine

Jeff, don't be afraid to take Chris Nunn up on his Brownstown offer with the Late Model's. We went out to Brownstown for the Lucas Oil "Ice Breaker 50" and it was one of the best races I've ever seen. Plus your pretty close to Bloomington for tomorrow night. I'm pretty sure thats where NY John (Sasquatch), Dale, Brenda, Cliff, Freddy and Steve will go.

I was only at Macon once and the track was in bad shape, But I'd go back there in a heartbeat. Cool little joint.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If N.Vernon would rain out