IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
latemodel55 (Offline)
  #1 3/9/17 3:59 PM
Sick of buying new gloves every 10 races. Anybody found a good glove??
diversified (Offline)
  #2 3/9/17 6:22 PM
PXP Racewear. They make a very durable, comfortable SFI certified gloves and, in my opinion, possibly the best underwear and head socks. Company founder/owner is an open wheel racer herself and her husband is works on a high profile IndyCar team...

Great products and people, check them out! PXPRacewear.com is their website I believe.
Tom23 (Offline)
  #3 3/9/17 6:36 PM
My son was going though gloves every 6 to 8 races. Tried every style and company nothing really worked. We changed the steering wheel, went with a Max Papis wheel and ended the problem. He went most of last year with the same gloves 40+ races in a car with no power steering.
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #4 3/9/17 8:41 PM
I've always loved Alpinestars I know quite a few others that run alpinestars and loves them also.
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #5 3/9/17 9:33 PM
Simpson Race Products are the best hands down! Have used them for many years and have never had an issue! Give Desire in Brownsburg, IN a call at 317-858-3100.

Josh Spencer
2 Likes: Leohr46, sprinter31
kendirt (Offline)
  #6 3/9/17 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer:
Simpson Race Products are the best hands down! Have used them for many years and have never had an issue! Give Desire in Brownsburg, IN a call at 317-858-3100.

Josh Spencer
I split a seam in a brand new pair of $180 Simpsons at the Chili Bowl
xoxide (Offline)
  #7 3/9/17 10:02 PM
As seen here, ask 10 people and get 10 different answers....

Ive been running Alpinestars gloves (higher end ones, tech 1z or 1zx) for about 5 years now.... 2 pairs over the course of that time and neither pairs have torn or worn out.
on_the_edge (Offline)
  #8 3/9/17 10:40 PM
It's all about the steering wheel you use. Everyone wants a lightweight wheel to make the car lighter but those holes in the wheel are hard on gloves. Heavier wheel with grip all around equals less glove expense. It's all about how your perception of it is. You can have the lighter steering wheel and buy gloves every 5 nights or choose the heavier wheel and have them last all year. Sponsors are key in this scenario and how much gloves are or how much you pay for a steering wheel. You have to choose wisely.

"It's the fastest who get paid, and the fastest who get laid".
3 Likes: kevincrum, sprinter31, treecitytornado
wideopen24 (Offline)
  #9 3/10/17 1:59 AM
Originally Posted by kendirt:
I split a seam in a brand new pair of $180 Simpsons at the Chili Bowl
Take them into Simpson Indy and they will warranty them if they were new.
wideopen24 (Offline)
  #10 3/10/17 2:04 AM
I really like Simpson's new stuff with the seam stitching on the outside. They fit great and last.