IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The American Dream Motorsports Nightmare !
6/7/08, 8:09 AM   #21
Re: The American Dream Motorsports Nightmare !
smbpreformance

Some thoughts & just for the record ...

2 - I continue to feel bad for Jay Howard. " Come on , Marty ... do the right thing ! ... honor your original committment to Jay ! "

:applaud::respect::applaud: Jay showed talent in the few race he ran my favorite is earlier in the when one of the well funded teams was running behind him and trying to pass called on the radio to his spotter to go down to the 24 car and tell him to move over so I can pass.....The spotter came back on the radio with the response the 24 is in 4th and I doubt he is going to move over for you

3 - If you could only go to one Firestone Indy Lights race and only meet one driver you will want to meet Cyndie Allemann ! From Moutier , Switzerland , Cyndie drives for American Spirit Racing in association with PDM ( Paul Diatlovich ). For all of you who cannot find reasons to like Danica , you'll love Cyndie !!

The women are doing very well in FIL and I have been cheering for Ana Betritz most of the season, I do not know much about Cyndie but In a couple of years there will be a woman beating Danica week in and week out in the IRL. For those of you that have never seen an FIL race go this is an execlent series that has produced some execelnt racing. I have been following it on the net with steaming video of the races but after watching the Freedom 100 I am going to make sure I get to the track early from know on to make the race

6/7/08, 3:03 PM   #22
openwheelinsider

You know what I think is funny in all this!?

PAUL GRAY!!!

From what I understand you are merely a gopher for this "team", what business is it of yours to be posting ANYTHING regarding their operations on a public forum!?!? If I were Zimmerman (THANK GOD I AM NOT) I would fire your ass in a heart beat!

If you're dumb enough to still be involved with Zimmerman then you're just a clown, if you're dumb enough to believe that Zimmerman is going to be allowed to keep running in the IRL you're just stupid.

Look at everything that guy has said he was going to do to the media:

*Run the Indy 500 - ooops, let's put the most inexperienced driver in the paddock into a fast, sensitive Panoz and see if he qualifies with no practice!! STUPID!

*Run the Freedom 100 with Al III - my people tell me that he wasn't involved at all, and Susan Schafer had to put it together because the Unsers wouldn't be associated with the idiot, shows how smart the first family of motorsports really is!!

*Run the remainder of the FILS season with Al III - ooops, I guess Tony Turco, the 50 year old dude from Ohio is a better choice than the up and coming next generation of the Unser family, DOES ANYONE HEAR THAT JAIL DOORS SLAMMING?

*Run a Dallara at Texas - well I watched qualifying and if I'm not mistaken Zimmerstupid's car isn't in that field! Jaques Lazier wouldn't be caught dead in that ride, no one wants to be associated with that nut except runner gophbitch Paul Gray!

*Run Iowa in the FILS (says PG) - give me a break, Barnhart and Cotman shouldn't let this idiot near a track, and the Fed's should lock him up!

Whatever you're smoking runner boy, I'd like some of it!!! Obviously gophers don't seem to care much about the integrity of the sport, or else they wouldn't be supporting Zimmerstupid and his crazy wife!!!

6/7/08, 3:19 PM   #23
Sprint Fan

***?

:rolling:rolling:rolling:rolling

6/7/08, 3:26 PM   #24
Sprint Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgray View Post
Some thoughts & just for the record ...
3 - If you could only go to one Firestone Indy Lights race and only meet one driver you will want to meet Cyndie Allemann ! From Moutier , Switzerland , Cyndie drives for American Spirit Racing in association with PDM ( Paul Diatlovich ). For all of you who cannot find reasons to like Danica , you'll love Cyndie !! :respect:
Here's Cyndie!
Is it just me or does she have "MAN HANDS"?

6/7/08, 5:49 PM   #25
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelinsider
You know what I think is funny in all this!?
PAUL GRAY!!!
From what I understand you are merely a gopher for this "team", what business is it of yours to be posting ANYTHING regarding their operations on a public forum!?!? If I were Zimmerman (THANK GOD I AM NOT) I would fire your ass in a heart beat!
If you're dumb enough to still be involved with Zimmerman then you're just a clown, if you're dumb enough to believe that Zimmerman is going to be allowed to keep running in the IRL you're just stupid.
Look at everything that guy has said he was going to do to the media:
*Run the Indy 500 - ooops, let's put the most inexperienced driver in the paddock into a fast, sensitive Panoz and see if he qualifies with no practice!! STUPID!
*Run the Freedom 100 with Al III - my people tell me that he wasn't involved at all, and Susan Schafer had to put it together because the Unsers wouldn't be associated with the idiot, shows how smart the first family of motorsports really is!!
*Run the remainder of the FILS season with Al III - ooops, I guess Tony Turco, the 50 year old dude from Ohio is a better choice than the up and coming next generation of the Unser family, DOES ANYONE HEAR THAT JAIL DOORS SLAMMING?
*Run a Dallara at Texas - well I watched qualifying and if I'm not mistaken Zimmerstupid's car isn't in that field! Jaques Lazier wouldn't be caught dead in that ride, no one wants to be associated with that nut except runner gophbitch Paul Gray!
*Run Iowa in the FILS (says PG) - give me a break, Barnhart and Cotman shouldn't let this idiot near a track, and the Fed's should lock him up!
Whatever you're smoking runner boy, I'd like some of it!!! Obviously gophers don't seem to care much about the integrity of the sport, or else they wouldn't be supporting Zimmerstupid and his crazy wife!!!
It's often been said here that an anonymous post for some is a license to be ignorant without accountability.

OpenWheelInsider registers today for the sole purpose of responding to this thread. Why ? The insider is just that. He is very close to an element of this story.

The insider knows everyone spoken of in his post except me.
He knows Mr. & Mrs. Zimmerman , Susan Schafer , Tony Turco , Jaques Lazier , Brian Barnhart , Tony Cotman and Al Unser III.

The insider hates Zimmerman so anything concerning him in a detrimental way is ok. His closeness to one individual of the story and a less than complimentary reference has set him off !

Upon returning home from Milwaukee I was contacted by a local reporter who requested an interview to publish this story. I declined.

Shortly thereafter , we started hearing some wild and bizarre versions of what happened on a street in Kenosha. Then we heard from a writer for an online motorsports blog. Heard more rumors and false accounts.

I decided that I would write the story myself as I was the only person there with Eric. Who knows the story better than me ? I have offered an accurate and detailed account of what occured in Kenosha and later at the Milwaukee Mile. And in the aftermath of this , the falsehoods have subsided.

There is nothing in the original story that bothers the insider. He doesn't care what happens to the Zimmerman's and doesn't want me to care either. His attempt to insult me in a personal attack was in vain.

... because I know and understand his motive and closeness to a less than central character of this story.:wink

6/7/08, 6:32 PM   #26
badgerfan

Paul, I for one appreciated a "real insiders view" of an interesting story. Thanks for posting and don't let the out of line comment bother you.

6/7/08, 11:39 PM   #27
openwheelinsider

I have no personal interest in this team, I'm just sick of crooks coming into racing, and hurting people.

I've been a member of the Playa Del Racing fan club for years, and I loved that little team. This is the classic story of bad people doing bad things. I do commend you for working in racing regardless of your position, because I wouldn't dare put myself in a position of dealing with guys like Eric Zimmerman, and the other crooks that come in and steal good people's time and money.

I have met Lazier, and I think he's one of the classiest drivers out there! I can't imagine him, or his brother having anything to do with this Zimmerman guy!

It's sad that Playa Del Racing has succumb to this situation, and all that's left is PG and EZ. It'd be nice for someone to step up and make sure that people like Zimmerman are cast out of racing forever.

I will be the first to admit I don't know Zimmerman personally, but I've heard some nasty things, and to sit here and read PG's stories it's ridiculous to listen to PG's bias opinions and take it all as absolute truth. If PG says Zimmerman is a stand up guy, and deserves to own a business in Indiana then I guess I'll shut up!

6/8/08, 2:19 AM   #28
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelinsider
I have no personal interest in this team, I'm just sick of crooks coming into racing, and hurting people.

I've been a member of the Playa Del Racing fan club for years, and I loved that little team. This is the classic story of bad people doing bad things. I do commend you for working in racing regardless of your position, because I wouldn't dare put myself in a position of dealing with guys like Eric Zimmerman, and the other crooks that come in and steal good people's time and money.

I have met Lazier, and I think he's one of the classiest drivers out there! I can't imagine him, or his brother having anything to do with this Zimmerman guy!

It's sad that Playa Del Racing has succumb to this situation, and all that's left is PG and EZ. It'd be nice for someone to step up and make sure that people like Zimmerman are cast out of racing forever.

I will be the first to admit I don't know Zimmerman personally, but I've heard some nasty things, and to sit here and read PG's stories it's ridiculous to listen to PG's bias opinions and take it all as absolute truth. If PG says Zimmerman is a stand up guy, and deserves to own a business in Indiana then I guess I'll shut up!
To OpenWheelInsider -
I have 200 posts currently showing here on IOW and everyone of them contains my name. You have 2 anonymous posts in a thread where you truly had nothing of value to offer. I wouldn't have signed my name either !

Stating that you do not know Zimmerman personally says a lot...But you've heard "some nasty things". I challenge you to tell us all what those "nasty things" are.

You say that [quote] "it's ridiculous to listen to PG's bias opinions..."
You must be referring to something that I wrote over on MidgetMadness because you won't find it here ! My second challenge to you will be to quote from any post in this thread any statement made that is my "opinion" of anything concerning Zimmerman.

Let me help you get started -
I have 9 posts in this thread.
#1 is the story of how the arrest came to be. Told firsthand , by me , the only witness ; an accurate and factual account told in great detail. No opinion offered.
The second post ( numbered 8 ) is an update. Again no opinion.
The third post ( numbered 9 ) is a photo. No opinion.
The fourth ( numbered 13 ) is my answers to three questions submitted from readers. Those answers are not opinions. Check it out.
The fifth ( numbered 14 ) is another update. Nothing offered in the way of opinion.
The sixth ( numbered 16 ) is a post discussing Al Unser III , his career and other information that does offer my opinion of things concerning Al III ... Nothing about Zimmerman. Please review.
The seventh ( numbered 18 ) is about Turco on that Saturday and his career stat's. No opinions offered , just the facts.
The eighth ( numbered 20 ) is complimentary to Sarah Fisher , Jay Howard and Cyndie Allemann. No opinions to Zimmerman.
And the ninth is my response to your first post which contains no opinion or anything defending Zimmerman.

Please quote all of my bias opinions concerning Zimmerman for all of my friends here at IOW to see !

Also , please share your knowledge with us concerning "all the crooks coming into racing" ! And please don't give us the old , tired Larry Curry story ! Something more up to date , please !

You see , the membership here knows me because I sign my posts. They also know that my posts usually pertain to things of fact , nothing left open to debate. It's just the nature of my subjects.

And the established membership here will not use this board for launch of a personal attack to people not known to them. But if they did , they would sign their name. Anonymous BS doesn't get you much around here. Have a nice day Mr. Open Wheel Insider !

6/8/08, 11:25 AM   #29
wbr

Paul, for what its worth; I have enjoyed the story. I bet you couldn't make up a weirder story either. Truth is stranger than fiction for sure.

"I have no personal interest in this team, I'm just sick of crooks coming into racing, and hurting people." quote from openwheelinsider:shout

I agree with the above statement in general, but will hold judgement on Zimmerman, Turco and the other players until i know more about them or one of my friends can give me insight about them.

6/8/08, 11:41 AM   #30
indyin09

Tony Turco is a known thief in Hamilton Ohio, where he lives. Zimmerman will never get his equipment back.Tony is probably selling all of it as we speak.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The American Dream Motorsports Nightmare !