IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rebel YELL Payout
6/29/18, 7:11 PM   #11
Cobra 14

What does this mean? . "If need the SSMS will and can add up to 12lbs of pressure to RR after race at the scale"

1 member likes this post: DAD
6/30/18, 2:15 PM   #12
Re: Rebel YELL Payout
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra 14 View Post
What does this mean? . "If need the SSMS will and can add up to 12lbs of pressure to RR after race at the scale"
I think Wayne is on the right track limiting traction with tire pres. A specific skinny hard tire would be better. I think however the tire pressure should be the same for all competitors. Tire pressure affects many things on a race car besides traction, it would also affect bar size shock settings stagger and many other things on the race car. So why not put these considerations for all racers to contend with. Then all racers would be on the same playing field if they all had the same minimum tire pressure. Usually right rears gain pressure through a race BUT I have had some loose air also. Perhaps checking air before the race and then after on the top cars would be a good idea? Then allow a specific drop of like 2 psi to still be considered within specs W/O bleeders. You amaze me Wayne Keep up the good work>>>

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
6/30/18, 4:09 PM   #13
Cobra 14

My point being.. At the scales.. After the race..???

6/30/18, 4:35 PM   #14
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

after you pass the scale and NO BLEEDERS ALLOWED PERIOD!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

6/30/18, 9:18 PM   #15
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Is Billy Idol sponsoring the race. Couldn't resist. Too many beers on a hot night.

7/1/18, 1:39 AM   #16
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Is Billy Idol sponsoring the race. Couldn't resist. Too many beers on a hot night.
That has to be above my pay grade???? BUT I LIKE IT!!

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
7/2/18, 7:51 PM   #17
Wayne Davis

From a facebook post I answered so I thought I would share....speaking about older national engine running with us....NO NAME but worth sharing to explain

I can not control which track the track owner wants us to race on...I DID NOT want to pay $5000 to win...Redd did (track owner)...yes there are older engines that dyno around 300-320 but with the restrictions add...NO WAY IN HELL can they use that kinda of horsepower...I just don't get you guy and I am by NO MEANS signally you out _ _ _ _ _ _ I am speaking to the group as a whole ....This track is putting up over 20K in total purse. When I announced this change for the Lucas Oil D-2 Midgets on May 2nd (effective June 1) it was 3 weeks before this race had came about. I had to do something to get car count on our reg. shows. This event along needs car count to sustain it just like other BIG races across the US....

I went up to north to race with you guys and it only paid $400 to win and $65 to start....it was to support you guy's series...hell we were WAY out gunned and knew we could not win but, we came up anyway with 3 cars...all I can do is put it out there and try WHATEVER it takes to get car count cause Redd, at Screven Motor Sports Complex deserves a good car count has now he has put up over $42,000.00 for D-2 style midget racing in 2 races. This will be the 5th race of it's kind and we have eclipsed over $100K in total price money in doing so...can you tell me where ANYONE in the world has payed that kind of $$$ out for D-2 racers?...Sorry you feel this way and that you choose not support this great event and track owner that has said he wanted to be the 1st to ever pay $10,000.00 to win a D-2 event...I by no means want you to waste your time either. Thanks for your input...

as I said this was on a face book post and AM NOT calling out anyone but I will say this if at all possible PLEASE PLEASE try to support this event

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rebel YELL Payout