IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cage Lights
12/10/16, 1:28 PM   #31
TheRoadrunner

Absolutely
Last edited by TheRoadrunner; 5/15/21 at 1:56 PM.

12/10/16, 1:42 PM   #32
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniSprint19 View Post
Just extra expense to the racers who have hardly enough to make it to the track now.
USAC will supply the TracSAFE equipment to teams at each of the series’ national events throughout the 2017 season.

5 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, Rpracing1, RynoK1999, Steve Wendel
12/10/16, 1:46 PM   #33
Rpracing1

Interesting how some folks speculate on how another legend driver would feel about this. SMH...

12/10/16, 1:47 PM   #34
TheRoadrunner

its going to be distracting the green light if it stays on
Last edited by TheRoadrunner; 12/11/16 at 11:44 PM.

12/10/16, 1:49 PM   #35
TheRoadrunner

I personally think the only way it'll work is if the only use the yellow light or red. If it stays on during the race it will be distracting.

12/10/16, 2:19 PM   #36
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniSprint19 View Post
I personally think the only way it'll work is if the only use the yellow light or red. If it stays on during the race it will be distracting.
Just like a photographers camera flashes, or fans standing at the fence, racers block out those distractions and focus on driving. USAC is trying something to improve safety which all of the nay sayers on this thread were crying for 4 months ago. This does not affect the fan in any way (actually kind of benefits the fan) or the guy posting that doesn't even run his car with USAC, so not sure why he is against it.
It is a safety innovation that everyone should embrace and atleast give it a try before coming up with all this speculation about how it's not going to work. Small step or not, a step is a step in the right direction to improve the safety for the drivers. Like I said no one has even seen it in action so not sure how you know it's not going to work.

12/10/16, 2:46 PM   #37
Re: Cage Lights
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't think it's fair to say what someone who's past would or wouldn't have liked or wanted. I do know BC was for safety. Do know the Haans saved him once and I always seen him use all the safety tools available.

Do we know this would have saved his life? No. We do know what happened without it. If it would have made 1 second and 30mph slower speed difference. The outcome may have been different. We don't know for sure of anything.

Im of the if it saves one life or serious injury. Why not try it? It's not coming out of your pocket for once. Not sure about using them for position lights but could see where it would help some fans keep track.

How do you know it won't save your life someday if your wrecked and another car behind you sees the caution on this dash two seconds before he sees a track light.

I've litterally seen full speed or near full speed crashes a half a lap after a caution was thrown because guys didn't see the caution lights.

4 members like this post: Jbaldwin, jim goerge, Jonr, the visitor
12/10/16, 4:03 PM   #38
cleatziff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
I like the idea of the first three cars being identified. We folks that attend regularly and know the cars can keep track well enough. But, I can tell you as I continually bring new people to the track to encourage growth of our sport, the one thing they all mention is the difficulty of following the race as the cars spread out. Another suggestion would to have the green light blinking on car in the last transfer position qualification races.
I have run into this issue as well. I have had people not return because they had no idea who was leading. Heck I have been watching my whole life and sometimes lose track of the leader.

I say give it a shot. If it doesn't work or people hate they will scrap it. Just like they did when they tried on board starters.

2 members like this post: Jbaldwin, jim goerge
12/10/16, 4:27 PM   #39
TheRoadrunner

Last edited by TheRoadrunner; 5/15/21 at 1:57 PM.

12/10/16, 4:31 PM   #40
TheRoadrunner

And if we really want to get down to it the neck collar or donut whatever you want to call it has Been around a lot longer then hans.
Last edited by TheRoadrunner; 12/12/16 at 12:36 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cage Lights