IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VIP Suites??
8/4/11, 1:36 PM   #11
Re: VIP Suites??
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Belle-Clair has some small suites outside turn three. Nothing fancy.

8/4/11, 2:02 PM   #12
Bill Gardner
Administrator

There is more than one person who was impressed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf7pM7BiP8k

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/4/11, 2:08 PM   #13
Dyno Don

Maybe not suites,but why could some tracks like I69, Putnamville or The 'Burg sell season top row seats? With that you would get an attendant to bring or sell you drinks and food.

The side advantage to this, is it would get rid of the people who have season ticket blankets, whether they show up or not and add a few bucks to the track.

1 member likes this post: sw1911
8/4/11, 2:11 PM   #14
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Anderson Speedway has about 6-7 suites. They rent them on a race by race basis I believe. Nice for corporations to entertain employees, customers, vendors, etc............

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/4/11, 2:24 PM   #15
Danny Burton

Lawrenceburg has suites, air conditioned and available for rental.

Same for Eldora.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

8/4/11, 2:32 PM   #16
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickfan View Post
That's very odd how little they race, glad track owners in our area aren't like that. I wonder how they survive?
They have a drag strip. One NHRA show each year, several other nationally sanctions shows and weekly local drag racing. They were boycotted by local racers a couple of years ago and decided that running a weekly show wasn't worth the trouble. Now local racers have one less place to race. Two, if you count the closing of 105 Speedway in Cleveland, Texas.

For their ASCS Gulf South shows, Royal Purple draws 6-8,000 fans. The WoO show gets about 5,000 folks in the seats. The USMTS shows bring in a lot of cars (80-100 in the past few years), but not so many fans.

8/4/11, 5:03 PM   #17
Andrew S. Quinn

They had them at my home track in Maine,Oxford Plains Speedway.That was when Bob Bahre owned the track,and I think he had them put in around 1985 or so. I cant remember now how many suites there are there in all,but OPS has a long grandstand (seating for 14,000) and the go from end to end. Obviously "Papa" Bahre as we used to call him,was looking ahead, way down the road, way before most short track promoters were/are looking at corporate suites.

Some of the tracks out here would benefit from having Bob Bahre come out here to teach them how to run a well organized show.

8/4/11, 6:06 PM   #18
jim goerge

Haubstadt has a large suite also. I think its for rent by event.

8/4/11, 6:14 PM   #19
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Lawrenceburg has suites, air conditioned and available for rental.

Same for Eldora.
Sold Out for the season, sorry

8/4/11, 6:18 PM   #20
Diggsy

Maybe I'm in the minority, but a big part of the enjoyment I get from being at the track is the atmosphere. No, not the occasional drunk who sloshes his/her beer on me, although that goes with the territory. But the smells and the sounds and the feelings. I love smelling the wet clay and hot rubber, hearing the roar of the engines as they race by and the excitement of the fans as they watch driver X pull a bonzai move. And probably more than anything, I love feeling that rumble right in the center of my chest each time the cars pass. That stuff never gets old, man. At least not to me. I think the suites are great for people who are maybe going the corporate route, but for me personally, I know I'd miss those things if I was in a suite.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VIP Suites??