IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Day That Will Live In Infamy
12/7/19, 7:45 PM   #11
flagboy55

I never forget this day

3 members like this post: ISF, jim goerge, tirespinner
12/7/19, 11:33 PM   #12
Blackduce

How can we forget. So many sorrows for our Freedom. How can we relate to those who paid the price?

Lynn

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/8/19, 9:52 AM   #13
Re: A Day That Will Live In Infamy
Sprintcarfanatic

I have always been fascinated with the documentary's about these kinda things but to actually get to stand on the Memorial is something I'll always remember & cherish. Watched 1 about Pearl Harbor about 2 weeks before we went around 2003 & to stand there & think what went through there minds at the moment of attack is almost unfathomable & I'm sure some of them were in the same position at 1st.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, tirespinner
12/8/19, 2:45 PM   #14
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
I would urge everyone on this day, December 7th, to take a moment to reflect upon the gravity and historic significance of today. On December 7th, 1941 our nation was savagely attacked by the Japanese on a beautiful Sunday morning at Pearl Harbor Hawaii. We lost over 2000 men and women as a result of this attack. Many who were alive on that day have left us and with the passing of time the gravity seems to lessen. But, it's very important that we NEVER forget and honor this day, if only for a moment of reflection. Those who died in that attack and throughout WWII for our freedom, prosperity and way of life in the conflict that the attack precipitated deserve just a moment from us.
Well said, Kenny. We get so wrapped up in the busy-ness of life, especially with the Christmas season upon us, that it’s easy to let history slip our minds. Thank you for posting this reminder, and may God bless the families of all those who made the ultimate sacrifice on that day.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Day That Will Live In Infamy