IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Movieland/Chandler up for auct
2/20/19, 11:26 PM   #31
Re: Movieland/Chandler up for auct
Nate

In all honesty we've been having a lot of fun with this whole situation but the fact is, it's hard to believe this guy at all and there's good reason for it.

You go on the track's website and they have a "5 year project" that includes building a park, 10 acre stocked fishing pond, professional golf course along with a driving range and putting green, football, baseball and soccer fields, a community pool, an ATV/MX track, and miles upon miles of bike and walking trails on top of a rejuvenated dirt track, drag strip and of course the drive-in movie theater. This "project" evidently began on January 1, 2018. Now look at the photos attached and tell me if you think ANY work has been done to make any of this tall tale possible 14 months after the project began?

This is the same guy that said he was hosting a $15,000 to win ASCS show there 10 years ago and then was evicted from a home formerly owned by Elvis later going on YouTube asking for a lawyer to help him out pro bono. Then tonight somebody sends me a screen shot of him saying he's going to be hosting a ***** rally next year during his reelection campaign. You might want to change that tattered and dirty American flag before then, Reno.

You go on social media and all they're ever asking for is money. Money for sponsorships, money for "golden tickets", money to sign up to be in some racing league. What we, as fans, would like to see is instead of you and your crew telling fairy tale after fairy tale is photos of work being done. Maybe someone on a tractor farming the weeds off the track or dumping fresh clay on it. But no, instead all we get is screen shots of some guy calling the county sheriff and you telling us that you don't need to explain yourself. Well Reno, if you're the owner, I think it's pretty much your job to do that, not your groupies who have drank the Kool-Aid already.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want to see the track to succeed, but this guy isn't the one to do it. If he is SO invested in the track, why is he still in California? Why are they 14 months into their so-called 5 year plan and the track still sitting idle with exactly 0% of what he promised on his website accomplished?

If this track goes to auction I can only hope someone who knows what the hell they're doing buys it.
Attached Images
image2.jpeg (1.13 MB, 207 views)
image1.jpeg (491.7 KB, 191 views)

2/21/19, 12:28 AM   #32
JDK222

I did a little research on him...it didn’t take me long to find the answers to my questions.....

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/21/19, 11:49 AM   #33
PJ Wright

Just like racecars have tachometers, race fans have BSometers and this guy red-lined mine a long time ago.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2/21/19, 8:03 PM   #34
Chase Hightower

What a blowhard POS. If you believe anything from Reno Fontana you are out of your mind. Grow up and be realistic.

3 members like this post: 7xCoop, jim goerge, Vookie
2/21/19, 9:03 PM   #35
Nate

I keep adding on but that’s because this clown deserves it. In my eyes, we are a family, we get on IOW from time to time and get heated but I’d gladly offer you a beer from my cooler at the track. We all love racing and want to see tracks prosper.

But this guy, he’s reciting lines from some fairy tale from California, not even good enough to come to Indiana to take care of the track he “owns”

Saw a good question posed online earlier. If he doesn’t have the money to pay this debt down to keep his track from going to auction, how does he keep it running?

How does he pay race purses? How does he pay his track workers (they seem like a stellar bunch lol), how does he pay for concessions to feed and hydrate his handful of fans, how does he pay power or electric for the track to function? How does he pay for the equipment and fuel it takes to maintain a track? How does he pay to even improve the track to get it in working order to the point cars can even safely navigate it considering the photos and videos I’ve seen it hasn’t been touched since the last race they had there years ago?

Reno, were anxiously awaiting these answers. You were so quick to respond to our critism the first time but you’ve been oddly silent ever since your track has gone on the market. Is there a reason for that?

Jay, maybe you can fill us in, you’re so close to the situation. Hell, I’ll give you props if you can even tell me how you’re going to fit that “record crowd of 5000” into the one tiny grandstands you have in less than two months before your first race. Reno claimed 5000 fans on the heels of all this publicity.

We’re all waiting eagerly

4 members like this post: 7xCoop, Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, Vookie
2/21/19, 10:21 PM   #36
Midget98

A quick google search for "Reno Fontana" gives you all the background and information you need to see what sort of person this guy is. Don't hold your breath that there is ever a racetrack anywhere opened by this guy.

2/21/19, 10:50 PM   #37
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
A quick google search for "Reno Fontana" gives you all the background and information you need to see what sort of person this guy is. Don't hold your breath that there is ever a racetrack anywhere opened by this guy.
Bro, I would love to be there for the “Test & Tune” on April 12. Unfortunately, I have to work. But if Jay & Nathan as well as the rest of the track crew pledge to be there (which as active on social media as they are, I’m not sure they have real jobs) I’ll gladly take a personal day to be there and see what the track has to offer.

It would be a real treat if Reno pulled his nose out of the latest Game of Thrones novel and left fantasy land as well. I’d shake each of your hands (as you wanted us to do Nathan) and say I was wrong, the track actually functioned.
Last edited by Nate; 2/22/19 at 3:17 PM.

4 members like this post: 7xCoop, jim goerge, Racer1039, Vookie
2/21/19, 11:42 PM   #38
Racer1039

I couldnt help but laugh when I read he plans on installing "The Worlds Largest Guitar Shaped Community Swimming Pool"... either this guy has millions upon millions of dollars he plans on pouring into this place or is talking out of his ass... I'd guess the latter

2 members like this post: 7xCoop, jim goerge
2/22/19, 1:49 PM   #39
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Bro, I would love to be there for the “Test & Tune” on April 12. Unfortunately, I have to work. But if Jay & Nathan as well as the rest of the track crew pledge to be there (which as active on social media as they are, I’m not sure they have real jobs) I’ll gladly take a personal day to be there and see what the track has to offer.

I would love to see how they’ll fit 5,000 fans in for the opener one week later and how awesome the racing will be

It would be a real treat if Reno pulled his nose out of the latest Game of Thrones novel and left fantasy land as well. I’d shake each of your hands (as you wanted us to do Nathan) and say I was wrong, the track actually functioned.

Deal?
Nate I"m suppose to shake hands with Reno first lol since I"m a bad man lol Then we"ll drink a cold Falls City lol Deal buddy

2 members like this post: Chase Hightower, Nate
2/23/19, 5:14 PM   #40
Scott Daloisio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw4ds6N4XYw

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Movieland/Chandler up for auct