IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > bill gardner up date
7/28/14, 1:57 PM   #61
triplexxx

Well it is a very sad day for all of us. Bill was a great man that loved racing and all the people involved with this sport. Bill will be missed greatly. Bill has reached the finish line. Bill will always be with us at every race we run from here till the end.He has done so much for this sport and we can't thank him enough. Bill till we meet up again I say thank you for everything that you have done for me I will always applaud you.RIP Bill Gardner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Brian Cripe

7/28/14, 1:57 PM   #62
i love dirt track racing

Rip bill. Thanks for all the great things that you have done for us race fans.

7/28/14, 2:00 PM   #63
Re: bill gardner up date
chathamracefan

RIP Bill.. Never met him, but this board has increased my interest in open wheel racing & drew me to my first 2 Sprint Week races this year.

7/28/14, 2:03 PM   #64
jim goerge

The entire MSCS family sends our deepest sympathy to the Gardner family R I P Bill

7/28/14, 2:07 PM   #65
Nut'n but Dirt

So sorry to hear of Bill's passing this morning. The only good thing is he is out of his pain. Prayers to his family in this very sad time. Steve and Carla Phillips

7/28/14, 2:08 PM   #66
iieInc

RIP Bill.... God Speed

7/28/14, 2:08 PM   #67
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

So sad to hear of Bill Gardner's passing. I never had the chance to meet him, but I feel I knew him from this message board. To his family and many friends please accept my deepest condolences. Bill will be missed, but he will never be forgotten as long as IOW exists. Bill thank you for for what you did for open wheel racing, especially for us back East, you kept us up to date on what was going on in the Mid-West. R.I.P Bill and Godspeed
Steve Peters

2 members like this post: IndyBound, speed bump
7/28/14, 2:12 PM   #68
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Having just read this, I am numb right now. We all knew the odds were against him but he continued to fight on despite the pain and suffering. That part is over now. Racing doesn't seem very important to me at the moment. We lost a large part of us today.

Bill was a great inspiration to a lot of us. When my grandson Andrew was diagnosed with a brain tumor and the report came back it was the Big C, Bill was one of the first people to send encouragement and comfort. With all of the issues he had, he still took the time to respond to a total stranger about someone he didn't even know. That is what made him special in my mind.

Bill was a champion in life that so many of us looked up to. He knew his fate but didn't complain about it. He loved his racing and whenever I did get to see him (it wasn't often enough either) he was focused on racing and was looking forward to another night at the track. You knew it wasn't good when he stopped coming.

He will always be with us even though he no longer resides here on earth. His IOW creation has brought so many people together and made them friends. People we all saw at the race track but just never were introduced to each other. Bill through IOW made that introduction. I can't even imagine a day that goes by that I don't look at the board. It has become part of my life and continues to be THE racing place.

To Mrs. G and entire Gardner family I pass along my deepest sympathy. You lost a great man who has impacted so many people that you probably will never know. The good Lord already had his seat reserved when he arrived. RIP champ.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/28/14, 2:14 PM   #69
jim goerge

The entire MSCS family sends our deepest sympathy to the Gardner family R I P Bill

7/28/14, 2:17 PM   #70
Fox.53

RIP Bill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > bill gardner up date