IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Some SW and NW Ohio notes on fuel and DOT CHECK POINTS
9/15/08, 8:23 PM   #1
Some SW and NW Ohio notes on fuel and DOT CHECK POINTS
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Stopped for gas after work here in cincy and from what they are saying the refinerys cannot pump any fuel or refine it as power is out there. Cincy got hit hard still over 600,000 with no power. Word is fuel may not be available at some stations for over a week.

D.O.T Check points. Aparently up around Celina and NW OH the DoT is circumventing DUI NOTICES by just having CURTOSY CHECK POINTS. A DOT officer, a county sherriff and state police are present every time they run them.

They ask you three questions, How long you been around here? Where you from? and where are you going? Revinue Enhancement gone nuts! :thumbsdown:

Just a heads up.
Chuck

9/15/08, 8:29 PM   #2
Re: Some SW and NW Ohio notes on fuel and DOT CHECK POINTS
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Chuck, Things have been crazy here in Lawrenceburg since the storm. There is damage to just about every house in the county. People have been draining the gas stations out of fuel. Half the stations are out of gas and the other ones have long lines. Most people in the county still don't have power, which is making the restaurants packed in town. The track lost alot of tree branches and some minor damage was done, but all in all we are ok. We got everything picked up today.
Some people did'nt fair to well though.
Take care, Dave

9/15/08, 8:33 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
Chuck, Things have been crazy here in Lawrenceburg since the storm. There is damage to just about every house in the county. People have been draining the gas stations out of fuel. Half the stations are out of gas and the other ones have long lines. Most people in the county still don't have power, which is making the restaurants packed in town. The track lost alot of tree branches and some minor damage was done, but all in all we are ok. We got everything picked up today.
Some people did'nt fair to well though.
Take care, Dave
Got both my tanks filled up. Should be good for about three weeks if needed. Going to Hidden Valley fishing tomorrow, Any racing tomorrow night? J/k

Family is doing well, Had some condo damage but all relatives are relativly ok and fared far better than everybody that has trees thru their house or roofs missing.

Chuck, also seen the rat race of gas station packing and grocery store emptying. I've always got a two week supply of dry goods.

P.S. THere is also NO ICE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE IN CINCY AREA maybe Dave can open up and make some off racing revenue.

9/15/08, 8:44 PM   #4
bigmojo5

Here in Dayton, some traffic lights work. Many don't. Some stations have electricity to pump gas. Some don't. Wal-Mart closed just down the street. So is my Kroger. MANY trees down, and Fricker's burned down.

It's really strange here. My apartment building has power, but the gas station next door, and I mean right next door, has none. The Wal-Mart is closer to me than the distance down the backstretch at Eldora. And, it has no power.

The problem might not be the price of gas, but getting it. Lines at those which have it can be frustrating. Topped off my tank tonight in anticipation of a price hike tomorrow. The gas station next door -- closed today -- has its numbers for the price per gallon down. Presume it only means it's going up when their electricity is back on.

Heck. I'm still ready for the Four Crown.
Jim Morrison
Last edited by bigmojo5; 9/15/08 at 8:56 PM.

9/15/08, 8:55 PM   #5
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

I did let a couple people in tonight to get ice from our machine. It kills me FEMA or nobody is helping anyone with the problems here.

9/15/08, 8:59 PM   #6
JordanBlanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
Here in Dayton, some traffic lights work. Many don't. Some stations have electricity to pump gas. Some don't. Wal-Mart closed just down the street. So is my Kroger. MANY trees down, and Fricker's burned down.

It's really strange here. My apartment building has power, but the gas station next door, and I mean right next door, has none. The Wal-Mart is closer to me than the distance down the backstretch at Eldora. And, it has no power.

The problem might not be the price of gas, but getting it. Lines at those which have it can be frustrating. Topped off my tank tonight in anticipation of a price hike tomorrow. The gas station next door -- closed today -- has its numbers for the price per gallon down. Presume it only means it's going up when their electricity is back on.

Heck. I'm still ready for the Four Crown.
Jim Morrison

Frickers burned down? Damn; last time I was in Dayton I had a business meeting at Fricker's...seriously.

Good luck to you all up there. We at least got power back down here. There are a few parts of our county without power, so the schools are still out, but it's just the outlying areas. Other than that, just some roof damage and trees down.

9/15/08, 11:41 PM   #7
Sprint63122

If you are waiting for FEMA to help out you may has well forget it they are a good example of why our government is so phucked up.

9/16/08, 8:26 AM   #8
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
If you are waiting for FEMA to help out you may has well forget it they are a good example of why our government is so phucked up.
Quick story about FEMA, I went to Florida a few years back to help cleanup after a hurricane went through. We went to get some supplies and seen a FEMA group at a fire dept. we stopped to say thanks to them. We ask them if we could buy some ice from them, and they said no you can't buy it, but if you take the whole skid of ice we could have it. They said they could'nt go home until it was gone. So we loaded it up and handed it out ourselves to people in need. They also gave us cases of water to get rid of. I thought is was crazy that they were just worried about leaving.
Take care, Dave

9/17/08, 5:28 PM   #9
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
I thought is was crazy that they were just worried about leaving.
Take care, Dave
Did you ask them how long they'd been away from "Home & Family"?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Some SW and NW Ohio notes on fuel and DOT CHECK POINTS