IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
tjtomthumb (Offline)
  #1 10/8/09 12:31 PM
I just received an update on Dave Jones, who many of you have gotten to know over the years as he has worked the pit gate at Gas City - I69 Speedway. Dave was 80 years young earlier in the year and has been battling many health issues the last couple years.

He is currently in Marion General Hospital in Marion, IN. He seems to be doing a little better and they were going to transfer him back to the Twin Cities Nursing Home in Gas City for more rehab & assistance before letting him go home, but yesterday the high end of his blood pressure dropped below 100 again. He's having trouble urinating but when they give him water pills it lowers the blood pressure. It just seems like everything they do causes him other problems.

His grandson & his great grand daughters are going to be visiting him today so that will brighten things up for him.

Since the racing season has ended I was asked to post updates on a couple message boards to keep his many racing friends updated, so those of you that want can post a get well message to Dave and his nephew will be printing them off and take them to him to read.

Lat's all keep Dave in our prayers and if you want send him a get well wish on this post and his nephew will be printing them off and delivering them to him..

Thank you,,
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 10/8/09 1:45 PM
Get well Dave, Thoughts and prayers!

Charles Nungester
JMar47 (Offline)
  #3 10/8/09 2:27 PM
We will be praying for you Dave.

Marvel Family
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #4 10/8/09 3:15 PM
Do you have an address we could send him a card?

Jerry #66
racegal (Offline)
  #5 10/8/09 9:30 PM
Thank you Tom! I will pray for him too!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
davejonesnephew
  #6 10/9/09 6:56 AM
Thanks Tom and all. you're great friends and I'll see that Uncle David sees these. Thanks again, Steve
Roy Jackon
  #7 10/9/09 11:48 AM
We will be praying for you!!
-42G team
gas city gal (Offline)
  #8 10/9/09 12:38 PM
Davey will be in our prayers. He has all winter to get back in shape so I can walk thru the gates and look down to see him waiting there to take my money for the 50/50 ticket. In addition to the ticket I love to listen to all of the info he has to give. HE LOVES RACING, WE LOVE RACING AND WE LOVE HIM!!!! Becki & Deb (alias - the Ott girls)
mowerman (Offline)
  #9 10/9/09 1:52 PM
Take good care of yourself, because we want you back at Gas City pit gate. Our thoughts are with you.

Bob and Monica Clauson
davejonesnephew
  #10 10/10/09 10:49 AM
For Jerry #66 and anyone else who would like to send Dave a card or a message I will see that he gets them. I'm his nephew Steve Jones 912 Jones Rd, Gas City, IN, 46933. I just printed all the prayers and comments and am heading to the hospital to see him. He sure does miss you all and will be excited to see how much you all care. Thx, Steve