IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Boespflug to the Hoffman 69
12/5/16, 9:17 PM   #11
PIT CART

I guess I never read it as a bash USAC but people just stating the facts.

12/5/16, 9:35 PM   #12
Re: Boespflug to the Hoffman 69
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I never read it as a Brady's walking away thread. Did it occur that Mission Accomplished and more goals to pursue? He's been working on BBR for a few years now, running some speed weeks, a few all star shows here and there.

I've heard that there are things in the works for Brady to run some USAC. The only thing that's changed is that the Winged will be the full time series he follows and NW secondary.

Gordon, Stanley, Hewitt, Butler all did the same to some extent. As have many others, Shuman, Hood, and others.}

I wish them all luck.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, scottyCbus
12/5/16, 10:43 PM   #13
R A K

(Chuck), where exactly was there any USAC "bashing"?
What did I miss???

12/5/16, 11:07 PM   #14
yeleyfan76

Now that Chuck has spoken I guess the subject is closed. Do not speak your mind about concerns that there may be an issue with USAC. He speaks about the 69 team members like he is part of the crew. The only thing missing was telling us how great Lawrenceburg is and the other tracks in Indiana are not to his liking.

I also believe part of the reason teams/drivers leave is due to poor pay. To compare USAC to BOSS or WAR is poor at best. USAC is supposed to be the premier NW sanctioning body. Not every team/driver has full time employment. Some want to race for a living. USAC is the best sprint car racing in the country yet nationally it's hardly known. If it's promoted properly things could be better for the people who put on the show.

USAC isn't perfect, but it's what we've got. There is nothing wrong in suggesting that things could be better.

12/5/16, 11:39 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Really? You always gotta get personal?

Id love to see more higher paying shows. But the general purse isn't bad. Like I said, It can't hurt someone who works full time to go make a extra grand or five grand here and there.

As for the Hoffmans, They've been good to me. . I said nothing untrue or without fact. I even in a earlier thread mentioned that I would let them make their own announcement even though I knew some of the facts. I did and there it is.

All I meant was give solutions. USAC Could probably pay a 50-100k championship or something. Will you support the 30-35 dollar gate to do it? USAC's sanction fee is less. It's less risk for the tracks. They do pay both the driver and team owner for points.

While I'll admit to being a burg cheerleader, I don't recall bashing or trashing any other indiana track, In fact I visited several including new to me Montpelier. In fact I went to more races other than Burg than at Burg this year. Something like 15-13 but I made all but one NW show.

Im sure not much different than the Kokomo Peeps or the Tri State or Bloomington or LPS peeps.
BTW, My favorite IN track is Terre Haute.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/5/16 at 11:53 PM.

3 members like this post: mc/rider, oppweld, scottyCbus
12/6/16, 12:04 AM   #16
trannyman

The pit passes are already 30$ to 35$,so that can't be a realistic solution.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, superstock30
12/6/16, 12:36 AM   #17
yeleyfan76

Correct the pit passes are as you stated. Time for USAC to pay more.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
12/6/16, 7:24 AM   #18
miledirt

Anyone know what Brady's plans are for the winged car? All-Star series, true outlaw schedule?

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
12/6/16, 7:37 AM   #19
BrentTFunk

First off good luck to Brady, Chad, and the Hoffmans. I think the place where wing racers make more is merchandise. The outlaws only go to the same tracks a couple of times, so they race in front of more new faces. A lot of those people may only go to one race a year, so they get the chance to sell more shirts. I checked the results of the recent World Finals, and checked a couple of our guys that ran. None of the 3 I checked made more than $500 dollars for 3 nights in Charlotte. If USAC did a major purse increase it would eliminate a lot of the tracks they currently run, and increase travel costs. I always like to see races pay more, so I try to support the higher paying races. You vote for higher purses with your wallet.

12/6/16, 8:31 AM   #20
Rpracing1

Today's USAC purse was decent back in 78. Just sayin.

BTW......Everybody loves Bacon!

2 members like this post: interpreter66, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Boespflug to the Hoffman 69