IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New ASCS Midget Class
12/18/08, 10:12 AM   #11
Re: New ASCS Midget Class
DonMoore10

Facts don't lie. Start naming all the cost cutting moves for midgets announced by midget orgs in the last 15 years. I'm waiting...................... and waiting............ and waiting..........

Still waiting..................

12/18/08, 10:15 AM   #12
jjones776

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Facts don't lie. Start naming all the cost cutting moves for midgets announced by midget orgs in the last 15 years. I'm waiting...................... and waiting............ and waiting..........

Still waiting..................

i just don't understand why you want to be a part of something that makes you so miserable. if owning a midget is so painful then sale out.

12/18/08, 11:20 AM   #13
DonMoore10

Give us a thrill and post on the subject for once.

12/18/08, 12:54 PM   #14
Larryoracing

For the last few years all I have been hearing is how all these new series were goin' to come in and take over California. Like, Emmet Hahn or ASCS has a better idea? Won't happen!

But all I have seen is the statis "Quo". We have our Winged 410's up North/Golden State Challenge and our Non-wing 410's down south USAC/CRA. There are a few
tracks up North that run Winged 360's...ie. "Wright Construction 360 Series" ,
near Monterey, Ca...ie...Watsonville and the "Civil War" Series at Chico, Ca.

Down 'south' we have a few Non-wing 360 series....ie...'Ventura Racing Association', in Ventura, Ca and the 'Bandits'...ie... Hanford, Santa Maria, CA.

In the Midget Classes we basically have BCRA Midgets up North and the USAC
Western States that run in a little in both Regions and a few other states....ie..
"Western States'.

I really don't see anything wrong with any of these series. And I feel in the South
the FF Midgets do an Excellent job at getting people interested in "Open Wheel
Racing". I'm sure the BCRA lites do the same up North and I know that
Capital Cities Midgets up north tries to do the same thing that USAC FF Midgets does down South.

The one class that we are getting into that combines a little of both wings
and intro to midgets is the "Micro" Midgets and I also feel this is an excellent
series with ton's of potential at a very reasonable cost. We run the 600cc
mulit-class.

2009 should be an Excellent Year for Racing in California, mainly because
the people who want to race or can, will be racing. And those that can't will
have to wait until economic times are better. It has nothing to do with the cost racing. It has to do with the fact that nobody has any work/jobs.

When America starts working again people will start racing again. In the
mean time "no new series or engine" will change things. Everything and
every series already exists in Califorania for every budget.

All we have to just is just race and if the people like it they will show up at the track, buy tickets and maybe even get interested in buying and driving a car
themselves.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani

12/18/08, 1:15 PM   #15
Revolution Racing

Wow... here we go!

First off, Pethel you dog, you know that YOU are the ONLY guy I withold information from... :rolling

This project is so exciting for us on so many levels. The 2.4L ECOtec is capable of making just about however much power you want, as evidenced by 450+ natually aspiratid gasoline versions that already exist (and 1,400+HP blown versions).

I have absolutely NO interest in developing a "National" motor. We don't need more overpowered, super expensive National engines and I HOPE that the powers that be DO NOT allow this platform to be developed for that purpose (sure as heck, now that I've said that, they WILL).

My whole deal is about harnessing modern technology for the purpose of lowering costs and providing a better product. That is what we did with the last project, only to see costs allowed to skyrocket on everything else besides the engine. Don't get me started....

We have a mantra here at RRE (hey, this IS California...)
More Power
More reliability
More features
LESS MONEY

Every aspect of this new engine is put to the above test. Nothing goes onto the engine that does not pass. The result... well the result is what our good friend Emmet very simply describes as "Affordable Midget Racing".

Our website is now live and although there is not much content yet, we will be adding info almost daily. As always, feel free to log on, write, or call.

Sincerely,
Keith Iaia
Revolution Racing Engines
keith@revolutionracingengines.com
www.revolutionracingengines.com
805-467-3424

12/18/08, 1:52 PM   #16
speedy1

ok???? who out thereis going to want this motor if it only has 240hp??? u cant run it with the ff!! and you for sure wont want to run it with ARDC, BADGER, POWRI. So i dont understand why not have it cost a little more and make it 345 to 350 hp like the ST and then you have somthing

12/18/08, 2:28 PM   #17
Offy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryoracing View Post
"Emmett Hahn strikes again !".

...Nope not this year!:moon:

I don't believe this engine or class has a chance in California. But who knows
some individuals or promoters might try to kill all of midget racing still left in the sunshine state...lol!:usacfan

Larry "O":applaud:
Florida is the Sunshine State, California is more noted as the Land of Fruits & Nuts:O:
The Ecotec is an excellent engine that was developed in Europe. The stock bottom end can easily support gobbs of reliable horsepower. This sounds like a really viable engine for widespread midget racing at a small percentage of the cost of sprint racing. Non winged affordable midgets on 1/5 & 1/4 mile tracks could make a lot of race fans happy.

12/18/08, 3:30 PM   #18
Revolution Racing

OFFY - thanks for te encouragement.
Speedy - just wait and see. I think this thing will surprise you. The recent Salt Lake City test (and Turkey Night run) of the new EFI Sprint motor turned a lot of heads, and proved that a "smart motor" can be very competitive, even with less peak power, than a "dumb" (mechanical) motor. This is because we can make a much more driveable engine when we have full control. And, we can make much better "power under the curve". We did not develop this engine to run head to head with existing Midget divisions but I expect that unlike our ford product, these engines will wind up competing successfully in certain clubs.

K

12/18/08, 3:39 PM   #19
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Racing View Post
Wow... here we go!

That is what we did with the last project, only to see costs allowed to skyrocket on everything else besides the engine. Don't get me started....
Oh come on Keith...tis the season to be Merry, tell us all about it.

12/18/08, 4:41 PM   #20
Tripcrwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offy22 View Post
Florida is the Sunshine State, California is more noted as the Land of Fruits & Nuts:O:
The Ecotec is an excellent engine that was developed in Europe. The stock bottom end can easily support gobbs of reliable horsepower. This sounds like a really viable engine for widespread midget racing at a small percentage of the cost of sprint racing. Non winged affordable midgets on 1/5 & 1/4 mile tracks could make a lot of race fans happy.
BTW and off topic, you're right our friend Larry O. was wrong and as usual out there somewhere. California is certainly not the "Sunshine State" nor does it fit your description (though I sometimes wonder), but more accurately known as the "Golden State."

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New ASCS Midget Class