IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO/All Stars incentive pays?
12/6/16, 12:21 PM   #11
motorhead748

One of their biggest incentives is going to so many different tracks across the country. This exposes them to fans that may only see them once or twice a year hence they are eager to spend money on T shirts and the like.
I'd be willing to bet a hot fudge sundae that Shatz sells more in Sovenoirs a year than USAC's entire sprint purse for the whole season.....

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, RadRacer
12/6/16, 12:37 PM   #12
Re: WoO/All Stars incentive pays?
ossuks

Wow...when you stop and think about that.....

12/6/16, 1:03 PM   #13
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Wow...when you stop and think about that.....
I could be wrong but I'd bet I'm not far off.

12/6/16, 1:47 PM   #14
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I'd be willing to bet a hot fudge sundae that Shatz sells more in Sovenoirs a year than USAC's entire sprint purse for the whole season.....
I would guess this would be true with All Stars, ESS, NRA, Patriot Sprint Tour, ASCS, IRA, OVSCA, FAST, Civil War, USCS, OSCS, NSL, MOWA, KWS, NOSA, MSA, NSS, MTS, UMSS as well, and most of these are winged organizations.

12/6/16, 2:05 PM   #15
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanonwingthing View Post
I would guess this would be true with All Stars, ESS, NRA, Patriot Sprint Tour, ASCS, IRA, OVSCA, FAST, Civil War, USCS, OSCS, NSL, MOWA, KWS, NOSA, MSA, NSS, MTS, UMSS as well, and most of these are winged organizations.
I couldn't disagree with that but they also are not the premier sanctions for their respective discipline

12/6/16, 3:02 PM   #16
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I couldn't disagree with that but they also are not the premier sanctions for their respective discipline
While I agree it would be great if all drivers could race for their “dream” purse, where is it written that because one "premier" sanction pays said amount, that they all must pay that amount. Why would a WoO driver even race with the All Stars, which basically has the same purse payout as USAC? Their purse might be 3 times the amount, and they probably spend 3 times the amount as well!

12/6/16, 3:24 PM   #17
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanonwingthing View Post
While I agree it would be great if all drivers could race for their “dream” purse, where is it written that because one "premier" sanction pays said amount, that they all must pay that amount. Why would a WoO driver even race with the All Stars, which basically has the same purse payout as USAC? Their purse might be 3 times the amount, and they probably spend 3 times the amount as well!
The OP's original question was about incentives.
Last edited by motorhead748; 12/6/16 at 3:58 PM.

12/7/16, 10:32 AM   #18
Jbaldwin

Usac had 47 races x 21500 minimum purse that's $1,010,500 in season purse. I'll take that bet. Just seems super high to me. Let's make it a beer not a sundae. No doubt if you want to make a living as a driver Woo is place.

1 member likes this post: RadRacer
12/7/16, 12:32 PM   #19
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbaldwin View Post
Usac had 47 races x 21500 minimum purse that's $1,010,500 in season purse. I'll take that bet. Just seems super high to me. Let's make it a beer not a sundae. No doubt if you want to make a living as a driver Woo is place.
Did they schedule 47 or run 47? I have it on pretty good authority that shatz does a million a year. Seems unbelievable to me as well but there was no reason for me to be lied too.

12/7/16, 1:14 PM   #20
Jbaldwin

Scheduled 47. A few rained out/ canceled

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO/All Stars incentive pays?