IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Alsglide12 (Offline)
  #1 3/9/22 9:07 AM
Lincoln Park is now wanting to charge everyone to register their push vehicle..this is among all the other registration fees they charge, are also doubling the prices if you register on race day instead of pre registering, they have pushed to far, everyone needs to stand together on this and boycott them for the first 2 months of the 2022 race season.if we all did that we can get results..lets face it,sprints is what packs the stands..
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #2 3/9/22 9:21 AM
I'm sure as hell not boycotting them. There are 2 tracks that would probably be in the trash can of history, if not for Joe and Jill Spiker. Plus, cancel culture is BS. Especially when it's someone who doesn't even have to nerve to put their own name out there when they're trying to pubicly cancel someone.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
11 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, jonboat15, LUCKYONE, nedra_bahler_835@com, PJ Wright, racefan20, Rcar, Scott Daloisio, skids59, tdt636
Agentry10 (Offline)
  #3 3/9/22 11:44 AM
Charging the racers to use our own four wheelers is kinda excessive. They can make a rule only one rider and must be 16 but we have to have them to push the cars my crew members are both older and can not physically push the car and everyone says only 30 dollars but they don't see the other 400 we are spending as a team to put on a show for the fans just to get to the track not counting our equipment just a question each fan pays extra 10 dollars on admission tickets and let spider put that towards the four wheelers not bashing anyone just at some point we have to quit charging racers more and more
13 Likes: Big Mike 7, bighd0522, captrat, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, PAW, PIT CART, racenut69, Russ, Speedmax3, spicoli, SScott7, Tom23
Alsglide12 (Offline)
  #4 3/9/22 11:47 AM
I have never wanted anyone to cancel but when the payouts are the same as 20 years ago and the cost to race a sprint car is over twice as much with more and more fees being added then something needs to be done because if not drivers are going to keep moving on to other forms like wing cars and such..
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #5 3/9/22 11:52 AM
Taxation without representation lol.
Racing as we know is about to fall apart when gas prices go over $7 per gallon but for now, the front gate is where the increases should be placed. Should be charging at least $20 for a weekly show if not $25. Also, race cars need to go back to hard tires that last numerous nights and raise minimum weight by 50-100 pounds.
12 Likes: Agentry10, bighd0522, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, Oleman61x, PIT CART, racenut69, skids59, snowdrift, Speedmax3, Therealether, TNRustler
sp6967 (Offline)
  #6 3/9/22 6:36 PM
Eventually the cost to go racing will knock the small, local teams into extinction. They have been nickel and dimed to death. There comes a time when one more nickel is one too many.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
2 Likes: Agentry10, Speedmax3
spankytoo (Offline)
  #7 3/10/22 12:49 PM
#fjs!

If you look in your mirror and see a line of cars behind you, be kind and pull over.