IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I don't care what anyone says, but...
6/29/11, 3:17 PM   #31
Re: I don't care what anyone says, but...
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Thats not necessarily true, once it goes black, rip it up and rework it

Being a Tuesday night, I could see why time constraints wouldnt allow a reworking of the track however.

6/29/11, 3:25 PM   #32
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
A weeknight race at a track that does not race late models as part of their regular program is probably going to have a lower car count than the previous SN races. I thought the second heat was good with Heckenast winning with a last lap pass on the outside. Unfortunately the quality of the racing was determined by the track preparation. Not sure if it was an LPS or SN officials decision to do nothing to the track, but it was a poor decision. I would still go back because I love late models, but I was certainly disappointed in the races last night compared to last year.
Posted via Mobile Device
HAVING A OFF NIGHT THE DAY BEFORE DOESNT HELP...THINK LAST YR THEY WAS COMING FROM MICH GOING TO LPS THEN ONTO ILLINOIS...BUT THINK THEY HAD MID 40s CAR COUNT LAST YR

6/29/11, 3:40 PM   #33
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
HAVING A OFF NIGHT THE DAY BEFORE DOESNT HELP...THINK LAST YR THEY WAS COMING FROM MICH GOING TO LPS THEN ONTO ILLINOIS...BUT THINK THEY HAD MID 40s CAR COUNT LAST YR
Lloyd,

Last year they were at Tri State Speedway on Sunday night then moved to LPS on Monday on their way to Lake Odessa, MI on Tuesday. I certainly helps car count to have a date with races on both ends.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/29/11, 3:47 PM   #34
axsom#11

what ya expect , they where racing the boxes not sprints on that little track, black slick nothing wrong with that if you know how to get it hooked up and drive it , but passing on that narrow track would be hard to do. Ready for sprint week not box week

6/29/11, 3:53 PM   #35
petey

Dang even a Late Model can turn over like a sprinter at LPS. I see that the tour will be at Paducah Fri. night which is paying $12K to win then they'll be at Pevely the next night with $10k on the line. Might have to hit one of those races if I can.

6/29/11, 7:46 PM   #36
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsom#11 View Post
what ya expect , they where racing the boxes not sprints on that little track, black slick nothing wrong with that if you know how to get it hooked up and drive it , but passing on that narrow track would be hard to do. Ready for sprint week not box week
who can hook em up and drive it

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
Dang even a Late Model can turn over like a sprinter at LPS. I see that the tour will be at Paducah Fri. night which is paying $12K to win then they'll be at Pevely the next night with $10k on the line. Might have to hit one of those races if I can.
bet paducah get 45 or more

6/29/11, 7:48 PM   #37
mortboyz

I was wonderin' if JJones776 mighta been helpin his neighbor RealDeal O'Neal on his set-up last night.....:2:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I don't care what anyone says, but...