IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Soggy Terre Haute...
7/15/09, 8:21 AM   #1
Soggy Terre Haute...
Jim Halpert

Went by the Action Track this morning around 7 and it looked very good...but it was already pretty moist and it has been raining like the dickens since then...forecast is not good either...bad year so far for THAT weather wise. Wondered if they would reschedule or simply cancel it?

7/15/09, 8:23 AM   #2
Re: Soggy Terre Haute...
billwill7

Please advise asap, will be driving in from st. Louis.................

7/15/09, 8:28 AM   #3
Brolzy

The rain is supposed to be out of there by noon, so that should be enough time to work in a track?

7/15/09, 8:30 AM   #4
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Should be enough time if they get Tommy and his crew up there to fix the track

7/15/09, 8:32 AM   #5
Jim Halpert

I'm not trying to be negative, and I am certainly no expert on track conditions like so many others on this board , but I would definitely hold off on the drive for a while...I'm in Brazil about 20 minutes away and it is raining to beat the band. That track has a history of pooling water and I don't have much of a reason to think it hasn't already. Hopefully we will get ample warning from THAT. Would love to go racing tonight, but it ain't looking good folks.

7/15/09, 8:39 AM   #6
REALDEAL

if they do happen to get the race in what is the policy on carrying beer in? I see you can take a small cooler in.

7/15/09, 8:44 AM   #7
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALDEAL View Post
if they do happen to get the race in what is the policy on carrying beer in? I see you can take a small cooler in.
As of last race you can carry in beer and they do not enforce the size rule to closely. Just do not go crazy and try to take a giant cooler in.

7/15/09, 8:45 AM   #8
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE View Post
Should be enough time if they get Tommy and his crew up there to fix the track
I wish you could have seen the track on the 4th. It looked amazing and guess what...Tommy and his crew didn't touch it then.

7/15/09, 8:46 AM   #9
sceckert

RealDeal---No glass bottles.

7/15/09, 8:46 AM   #10
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

You can take in as big a cooler as you want but the fair is going on so I don't know what the policy is for that. I bet no tailgating and parting at the camp and that sucks

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
I wish you could have seen the track on the 4th. It looked amazing and guess what...Tommy and his crew didn't touch it then.
I wish I could have see a race on the 4th and I'm sure the track was in great shape, they just might need a little more help today to get some racin in

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Soggy Terre Haute...