IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hockett- McMullen memorial
9/20/19, 3:26 PM   #1
Hockett- McMullen memorial
Non wing lover

Has anyone reported on results of the non wing portion of the program at Lucas oil speedway there was a report and results for the winged portion of the program

2 members like this post: racegal, tirespinner
9/20/19, 3:51 PM   #2
Re: Hockett- McMullen memorial
Andrew S. Quinn

Seems I saw Zach Daum won the non wing portion last night.

http://www.powri.com/profile/news/?i...=1154&rt=assoc
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 9/20/19 at 4:10 PM.

9/20/19, 4:30 PM   #3
Non wing lover

Thank you andrew

9/20/19, 4:59 PM   #4
cshuman

You can follow WAR Sprints on Twitter, Facebook, or My Race Pass. Excellent coverage 👍🏽

9/22/19, 11:15 AM   #5
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

To bad they didn’t keep this scheduled against the so called 4 crown. Last year, It was GREAT RACING & refreshing to see the loyal WAR cars and drivers in the spotlight, to take home the cash and hardware instead of USAC ringers taking it away this year.
Please schedule against them next year. The car count was just as big without them.

*Ok let the attack’s on me begin.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, sprinter31, tirespinner
9/22/19, 10:43 PM   #6
flagboy55

“So called 4 crown” ? Where does that remark come from? One of the best annual events since 1981. I was glad they were not scheduled against each other this year. Hoping that some of the racers from west of Indiana would come run one of the crown jewel open wheel races. I’m sure the USAC guys that made the trip were really pumped to run the Hockett. When I read some of the shallow opinions on here, it’s no wonder non wing racing is not as popular as the wings

9/23/19, 7:18 AM   #7
3Cfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
To bad they didn’t keep this scheduled against the so called 4 crown. Last year, It was GREAT RACING & refreshing to see the loyal WAR cars and drivers in the spotlight, to take home the cash and hardware instead of USAC ringers taking it away this year.
Please schedule against them next year. The car count was just as big without them.

Last year Kyle Cummins won and there were 78 cars I believe.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
9/23/19, 9:43 AM   #8
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
“So called 4 crown” ? Where does that remark come from? One of the best annual events since 1981.
Because it is NOT a true 4 Crown...Fri nights All Star wing cars is just that (Fri. Night)....put them on Sat. with the 3 USAC divisions and we can think about it...

Jack Hewitt is the only one that has EVER won the true 4 crown and will be until they put the wing cars or mods/late models on Sat. and that is not going to happen due to the lost of $$$ from a 2 day show.

Yes Kyle Lawson won all 3 on Sat so you could say he won the 3 crown nationals

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/23/19, 10:15 AM   #9
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post

4 Crown,Big 10 it's just a name, we don't need to tear one down to build one up! The car count was a little down
due to the Upper Midwest series and Wisconsin cars ran in Minnesota.
Why wouldn't you want to run at the finest dirt facility in the country? Do to the obvious sponsor conflict, most USAC regulars don't get the opportunity to race there much.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/23/19, 10:21 AM   #10
flagboy55

Come on Wayne, you know better. It’s been called the 4 Crown Nationals since it’s inception regardless of classes and format. When Earl, Johnny Vance, and USAC put this event together back in the day it had the full body stock cars on the card. A lot has changed but the name has remained and is still an absolutely wonderful event. Can only hope some of the folks that ran and watched the Hockett McMillen come enjoy this race

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hockett- McMullen memorial